Friday, May 1, 2009

It Can Only Get Better From Here. Right?

Well, we are still battling this virus here! Seems like it is never going to end. Lilly did end up getting it and woke up from a nap the other day (which she NEVER has anymore) completely drenched in pee bawling her eyes out complaining of a sore ear. I thought at first she was just really cranky from her awful cough and runny nose, but then even after Tylenol she still complained of a sore ear. We decided to take her in to get checked out. You can only imagine how long we were there (all 5 of us) but we did pass the time waiting by sneaking out to get Tessa's ears pieced! She looks like a total doll by the way! Anyhoo, back on track Natalie. I do this often don't I? So, it turns out Lilly has a double whammy ear infection and needs to be on a very strong doses of antibiotic that would indeed give anyone (never mind a small child) a yeast infection. So we have to fill her full of yogurt so that we can try and avoid such an occurrence. So far so good. Although we had some more fun with Lilly after I picked up her prescription. We got home and I decided I better give her the first dose right away so that it could start getting to work on killing that yuck in her ears -- well she gaged and threw it all up all over my kitchen floor with the whole fresh strawberry juice she had just drunk that we bought her at the mall! Talk about gross!! It splattered EVERYWHERE! I guess being a mom helps us to get through these moments but I also have career experience that makes me stronger too -- because I will tell you there is nothing worse than cleaning up vomit from an eighty year old adult. The fun with Lilly ends there for now ;) After the meds have been in the fridge she doesn't seem to mind the taste quite so much.


Miss Abigail woke up this morning with gross copious drainage on her pillow, in her hair and all over her face again! Oh joy! She also complained yesterday of a sore ear and indeed she has an infection. Hopefully this one will clear out on it's own without antibiotics. For those of you who don't know, Abigail had tubes placed in her ears from all f her previous ear infections and the fluid will drain out on it's own because of these tubes. She was also coughing so badly today and had an awful rattle that I had to give her her puffer which I have not had to use on her in months!! Healing soon? Lets hope. The potty interest is improving. We had another pointless visit to the loo (one of only many) and then came back down stairs. I asked Abby to grab a pull up and put it on because it would be much easier than taking off a diaper all day. She did grab a pull up. She did put it on (only half way) to her knees and she did poop all over my floor! Gross!

Little Miss Tessa is all runny nosed but her cough is g-o-n-e gone! Thanks again to humidifiers. She still has the rattle which I am certain is reactive airways. This is what Abigail has and it took far too long with her to get diagnosed. Momma knows best! Momma knows and hears 24/7! Momma takes Tessa to see the special pied doctor that Abby saw on Monday and hopefully we will get it all sorted out. She is still VERY happy as usual -- but, all my girls never seem to complain about sickness. How lucky am I?

Liam is well and I am still recovering. It seems this cough of mine has moved deeper into my lungs and everything is much harder to cough up. I am even having some difficulty breathing at times -- soon to pass I am sure.

It can only get better from here. Right? Sorry for all of the negative posts right now -- but to be honest nothing too fun is happening around here. We are all sick!

You can look forward to Not Me Monday in a few days! MckMama's back. Stellan's home! I can't wait! I have missed this so very much. Hope all of you will live to be brutally honest too. Come join in the fun!

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Poor everyone! I hope you all recover soon! Being sick is no fun.