Thursday, April 30, 2009

Who's the Sucker?

I thought and I am sure all of you thought that the sucker was indeed me! I didn't say anything to that silly real estate agent of ours when she continually disappointed us. I never said anything about her non-existent advertising in the paper or that we figured no one would ever come to our open houses because no one would know about them? Why on earth would I be such a sucker? When it came down to selling OUR house. We should want nothing better than the BEST out there. An aggressive, ADVERTISING agent who is going to SELL our house. Well, when it came down to a long conversation with Liam we both decided it was time to let our said agent go and find someone else. I was letting HIM do the dirty work -- (I am far to nice for that ;) )and I was calling a new potential agent. I called said agent and she even came over and told us her thoughts on advertising and her marketing strategies. Marketing strategies? Are agents suppose to talk about these things too? What on earth were we thinking with our last agent? She barely spook at all about a marketing plan no logistics. After a great hour with her we decided we would take the house off the market and re-list with the new agent. She is young, new, aggressive and she works under a huge real estate agent in the Kingston area who have a great team -- so, not only would one agent be selling our house, but more like five agents! Sounds great right? So Liam calls our agent to tell her the great (scratch that) sad news and of course she is questioning our decision. Liam being his honest self, told her what was on his mind and that we would indeed cancel the agreement and she should bring the paperwork by the next night for signing. When she told him she had potential people interested in the house he never asked her why she hadn't told us before now he just let it go. So yesterday (the signing papers day), She calls Liam and tells him that indeed there is a couple from Montreal coming to Kingston this weekend who wants to look at OUR house! So Liam tells her alright and we STILL have that un-advertising agent that I have spoken about frequently in the past! So who's the sucker now? LIAM? or maybe still me because in all fairness it is only a few more days and she could potentially sell our house right? Maybe what she needed was a little reality check? Lets hope these people are really interested -- if not we say goodbye to said agent on Sunday. Ahhh.

Sorry for the long winded post. I needed to get all that out :)

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Tell her to bring you an offer or bring a cancellation agreement LOL!! Goodluck.

Jessica said...

I bet you are in love with the words "Real Estate Agent" as much as we are! I am not looking forward to the next house sale. Good luck! And don't stress out! Our first house was listed for 9 months, when I decided that "screw this" and I stayed for the visit...and we sold to her becuase she liked that I gave the house character and memories, with the things I showed her and stories...maybe you should stay for the visit and make sure the job gets done right!?! And then you can keep the comission?!LOL