Saturday, April 18, 2009

Thinking Green -- Or Maybe Garbage


I have been trying to make a conscious effort lately to be more "green". We did most recently receive a new green bin. This bin is for dinner scraps, dirty Kleenex and hair? yes hair! Why on earth shouldn't we compost and use the green bin to be more "green"? It is actually a lot of work. I have been trying to make the extra conscious effort to recycle more also. I always thought it was so very crazy that people washed out their milk bags and recycled them -- but now that is me washing out milk bags. Bringing down the toilet paper rolls from the bathroom instead of just pitching them out in the can sitting right there beside the toilet -- that is me now bringing down the rolls for recycle. Wrapping all that disgusting hair (enough hair to fill my hand from only one shower) in a piece of toilet paper and putting it in the green bin -- that's me too! Green is good, and I will teach my kids to be "green". It is, ultimately important for their future! Note: Every Green Bin is stamped with the following message: "Warning! Suffocation hazard. Do not allow children to play inside this container." DUH!

So why is my post title "Maybe Garbage"? Because, that is exactly how everyone in this house hold feels right now! YUCK! Saying a prayer that we all wake up feeling well.

Liam : Liam is so congested that he is walking around the house breathing loudly from his mouth and grossing me out! All I can think of is that his germs are being spread everywhere from his breath and I am not willing to be in the same room with him right now!

Abigail : Abigail is sneezing like mad and I am having to chase her around with Kleenex because she has enough discharge coming from her nose to fill a whole one in a few mins! AND she woke up from her nap today covered in barf! It was mighty gross and quite smelly I might add -- although I do think the barf was only from not being able to breath from a stuffed up nose while she was sleeping, because she has not been sick since and ate a pretty good dinner.

Lilly: Lilly is complaining of a headache. If in fact she actually knows what a headache is. She is also sneezing and may not feel as much like garbage as the rest of us but give her a day or two :)

Tessa: Tessa is also sneezing and has a tiny bit of a runny nose. She is grumpy and tired all the time but this could have something to do with her 4 month needles that she received yesterday at the doctors office. Did I mention she weighs 15 lbs 12 oz?! Such a big girl! A big grumpy, sad, sleepy, sleeping girl!

Natalie : I am feeling a whole lot like garbage. My body is trying to fight this stupid cold coming over me with all it's got. My neck is aching and no amount of Advil seems to be working on it. I am so very tired and my throat is killing me. I am not congested as of yet but can feel it coming. I also have an earache! My right ear is paining pretty badly but the Tylenol or Advil seemed to help that a little bit at least.

Charlie: How could we forget about Charlie? Charlie is also VERY tired. She is tired of being kicked out of her house every week for stupid open houses that probably have no visitors since the real estate lady doesn't advertise in the paper and doesn't put up a Sat 2 - 4 open house sign on the lawn until 2:30 pm on Friday afternoon! No kidding! Charlie is getting impatient with her and she feels like garbage from having to listen to everyone bitch and complain about being sick, everyone crying and wining about being sick and yet she loves us all the same. Yes, she even loves that real estate lady as long as she gives her a good pet. It might have been me who was getting impatient with that real estate lady and not Charlie -- but I will never tell.

Hope everyone have a joyous weekend. We are being kicked out of our house tomorrow afternoon for yet another open house that better warrant some visitors. Some visitors in fact that will leave a fantastic offer so that we can pack up our things and get moving and so that I no longer have to worry about mess in my house and not only stress myself about mess but also my children and husband too! Did I say I hate having my house up for sale? I HATE HAVING MY HOUSE UP FOR SALE PEOPLE!!

Off to bed! I have some other post ideas but my other computer is not cooperating and I may not be able to post again for awhile. I am going to take a leave of absence for a few days -- from my blog at least. Keep happy -- happier than me anyhow! LOL I am dealing with my moodiness sorry for the complaints! Hopefully they helped this very long blog post from being too boring.

1 comment:

Candice said...

Yuck! I hope everyone feels better soon. I think we'll wait for a walk until next week, lol!!

P.S. Tell your agent to advertise in the paper!