Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tearless Tuesday -- Tuesday :)

Being thankful in all times especially the hard times.
I know it might seem crazy to some that once a week I tell everyone what I am thankful for and that often things I am thankful for are repeated over and over again. It does not bother me that some of you may think it is strange because this meme means something to me. It reminds me that there are so many other people out there that have it way worse than me. Those people need our prayers and support. Some of those people have the relationship with the Lord that I could only dream of. I often find myself questioning their relationships and wondering how after all the bad that has happened to them in their lives how on earth they could still trust in God and be thankful themselves, often for even those bad things happening to them. How could they look to God to comfort them when He is the one that made this happen? How could they trust in Him knowing these things happen at all? Could I trust in Him still if that happened to me? How could they speak kindly of Him under these circumstances, ministering to others who are questioning their faith? Faith? It's a 5 letter word that I can not describe... It is trusting without knowing. Why pray if God already knows the outcome? He wants us to? Sure He does. Do I have faith? Yes, I do -- but I still question it often. Does this make me unchristian to question Him? No. Does He love me any less? No. He knew I would question Him. But one thing I know is that I will continue to be thankful. I will continue to have faith even if I do question it sometimes.

I am thankful this week for:

80's music
quiet moments
bear hugs and belly giggles
family
friends
blogging
faith
fresh flowers
the warm sun
pony tails and braids
the color pink
a clean and very uncluttered house :)

Go on -- tell me what you are thankful for?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

LOL...I wish I were thankful for ponytails and braids...sniffle!