Lilly came running in from the backyard last evening screaming "Mommy! Mommy! There is a real live moose in our backyard!" I told her she was crazy and that she was just seeing her Daddy's deer decoy outside and he had moved it. Lilly insisted there was indeed a real moose in the backyard and when Charlie started barking her sweet chocolate head off I had to take a look. Holy Hannah there is a real live deer in the backyard! "I told you Mom! A real live Moose!" You think with children who have an avid hunter as a Daddy in our house would know the difference between a deer and a moose but clearly not. Abigail even sees cows now and thinks they are moose! So, I had to run to the front of the house and out to the van to get my camera and when I came back she was still there. The dog barking didn't seem to bother her and she slowly walked away from our yard to the next and stayed there for quite awhile -- so long in fact we didn't even wait for her to leave. In all the years we have lived in this house we have never seen a deer in our yard. We have seen lots of ducks and geese and frogs and birds, but never a deer. We now have this memory to take away with us when we move. Hopefully we will not smell the poop stench any time in the near future -- but if we do, it will remind me just how happy we have been together as a family in our home.
(picture taken behind our fenced yard. Deer just on the other side of the creek in our un-fenced area)Isn't she beautiful? Lilly says "Mom, it is too bad daddy isn't here with his gun so he could shoot it!" I am not kidding at all she really did say that! I laughed. Only a few mins later though she was crying and asking why the "moose" had come to our yard and why it had to go. She was sad she couldn't keep it for a pet and said she didn't want Daddy to shoot it at all. Awww :)
No comments:
Post a Comment