Well... it was not so tearless Tuesday here in the Porter household, because it was filled with tears. We got some VERY bad news on the government job front and Liam is now out of the program after a very awful role play interview where the man conducting the interview
role play continued to blow up at Liam while Liam had to try and calm him down. In the end Liam had calmed him but
apparently not soon enough because they told him goodbye! This let down to us is HUGE! We have been completely stressed in this household for months while Liam has been putting every extra moment he had aside for homework. No family time -- but homework. He worked his butt off! He was acing the program. Getting fantastic marks on every test and even a 91% on his exam. It doesn't make
sense to us. We are angry. We are sad. We are trying to understand. We are waiting for some good news. Some great news would be good. We struggle through this time, but know we have
each other. I am so proud of Liam for making it this far. I know he would have been great in this job and it would have been great for our future. But, as I have always known and always say -- Everything happens for a reason. We may not know the reason right at this moment it time, but there is one and life goes on. Life goes on. We are thankful. We are thankful for:
three beautiful healthy girls who make us smile everyday. who make us laugh. who love us unconditionally even if we happen to yell on occasion at them for just being kids.
love of
each other. supporting
each other. being there when times are tough. loving unconditionally without judgement.
a home. a home for sale but none the less a home -- a home created by so much love -- endless love.
and friends and family. friends and family who may not yet know about what has happened to us today - but who after
reading this will still be there for us without judgement. who will love us no matter what and support us no matter what comes next. thank you for that.
wow! l-o-v-e, love!
This Tearless Tuesday, or Not So Tearless Tuesday was in honour of Tuesday
Whitt, who lost her short life to cancer. Her family needs our loving words, prayers and support. Head on over to
go blog yourself. You will be
glad you did. I find that every time I visit
Jessica's site I am comforted by her words. When I head over there and try to say the right thing to comfort
her she is there typing words that seem to comfort
us. Profound really.
I feel a brighter week ahead for us -- after of course the rainy day in store for us tomorrow. Have a
fantastic week everyone. We will continue to be thankful.
1 comment:
I am so so sorry to hear of your bad news today!
I hope you can find strength in each other and in your family!
I will keep you and Liam in my prayers.
BlogBaby
Post a Comment