Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Nip it in the Bud!

The past few nights we have been awaken in the early morning by our oldest little princess. She is wanting to join us in bed because she says she is dreaming of ghosts. The first morning I let her climb in because she was truly scared. Told me all about this soldier ghost she saw who had bloody footprints on the stairs.... SCARY! I figured she needed some mommy and daddy snuggles for that one. That is awful for an almost 4 year old to be dreaming about! The next night I sent her back to her room. Liam and I are very anti-kids-in-your-bed types. We see the torture and struggling that so many people (our friends included) go through from letting their kids sleep with them. It is an on-going battle once it starts and the children take over your life and your "life" in the bedroom too! One parent usually ends up permanently sleeping in another room or on the couch! I DON'T THINK SO! So far we have been so lucky with our girls. We also have never aloud kids to sleep in bed with us so we have never had the struggle so to speak of. So, back to the story -- I sent her back to her bed and she cried SO loudly -- I was sure she was going to wake her sisters up. She climbed back into bed and then started crying from downstairs so I made her sleep on the FLOOR in our room! LOL This is totally giving in for me. I usually would fight her until she gave in and went back to her own bed... but -- my guard must be down or something, because this morning when she came in much later, at 5:30am, I sent her away and Liam threw her the pillow for the floor and I just gave in AGAIN! I know what he was thinking -- if she falls back asleep we have a greater chance at sleeping in because all girls are separated and cannot disturb one another -- BUT this is so NOT me. What is going on? I need to nip this in the bud and now! No sleeping in Mommy and Daddy's bed and NO sleeping in Mommy and Daddy's room period! Wish me luck!! I may need it with the way I have been acting lately.

No comments: