Sunday, March 22, 2009

Dear Lilly

My sweet Lilly,

I cannot believe how quickly four years have passed. I remember clearly the day you were born and how excited I was to have my girl. You were the most beautiful little baby I had ever seen and from the moment I laid eyes on you I was in love. You were well mannered and so easy going. Daddy and I would take you to the drive in even while you slept away in your car seat. You showed me what it was like to need nothing more in this world than love here at home with my family (you and Daddy). Love was all that mattered. And look at all the love we have now four years later!

You amaze me every day Lilly. You make me so proud. You are so generous and you care for your little sisters with total love in your heart. You love to sing. You love to dance and your smile lights up a whole room. You have a way with people I cannot describe. While out to dinner, you make conversations with people and they stop their whole meal just to sit and talk to you. You make complete strangers smile and laugh. You are an amazing little girl. You tell us all everyday how much you love us and you love to be cuddle bum.

I watch you pay such close attention to stories and to people when they speak to you. This is such an important quality you have. You just make people feel good.

You learned to write your name a few weeks ago and I am so proud of you for that! Such a small milestone that you achieved compared to what is to come but to Mommy and Daddy -- this is huge! I will be sad when you go to school in September but know you will excel and make so many friends who will love you as much and I do. Your teachers will love you too Lilly.

Happy fourth Birthday you sweet little girl. Mommy loves you so very much!
This video is to show you just how much you loved to sing and dance even before you turned two! Look how smart you are! You knew all the words!

Don't forget to pause the music down at the bottom of the page before you hit play or you can't hear Lilly.


Sorry it is sideways -- didn't know how to fix it!

No comments: