Sunday, October 11, 2009

Thanksgiving Dinner

The girls and I went to Wendy's {my Aunt's) for Thanksgiving dinner tonight. It was so yummy. I must say I think it was the best dinner we have had in a long time. People actually even ate my apple crisp too :) It was a busy place filled with kiddos and it made me even more thankful for my girls. I am able to go there and pretty much relax because my girls are so comfortable there and well behaved. It is wonderful. Even Tessa was great until the last half hour or so when she decided it was time for bed. We all quickly cleaned up, got ready and headed out the door. Luckily we just live up the road so it was quick to bed time. The girls stayed up for a little bit with me and I just tucked them in after reading our daily devotional. They absolutely love reading from it and it is so stinkin' cute hearing them pray once the story is done.

Here is what I am so thankful for:

my girls -- they are really my life and I could not imagine this world without them in it
my family -- everyone is so loving and supportive and we are lucky to have them by our sides
my husband -- even miles away he is able to read me like no one else in the world can {LOVE HIM SO MUCH}
for our health -- even though we all may be fighting a cold at the moment, otherwise we are pretty healthy and thankful for that
a roof over our heads -- even if it may not be our roof {it is a beautiful home} and we are lucky to be able to afford to live here even if it is frustrating to know deep down that it isn't ours
food to eat -- Lilly is very thankful for this one and has recently really started to worry about people out there who can not afford food to eat
lastly, not leastly I am thankful for my faith and for a loving, caring, compassionate God who understands our faults and forgives us because we are human and we all fail. We have those days where we 'lose it' and sometimes it takes some convincing but He helps us to see through all of our frustrations just how very thankful we are.

So yet another day down {no call from Liam -- yet. Hopefully soon} only 5 more days to go! Whoo Hoo!
Hope everyone had a Happy Day. What is it all of you are thankful for?

No comments: