Thursday, October 15, 2009

All About Us

One of my newest bloggy friends the Monkey's Mama from Monkeys on.the.bed did an all about me {her and her hubby} post, and suggested I join in the fun. This is for you Monkey's Mama! I know a lot of my blog readers know most of these things but I have some new bloggy friends out there who don't know much of anything {no pressure}! LOL

1. What are your middle names?
Him - Robert {after his Dad}, Me - June {After my Gramma
Funny story, after Tessa was born Liam really wanted to name her June and since Abigail's middle name is also June, Liam asked if we could take that name away from Abigail so Tessa could have June for a first name. Silly man!

2. How long have you been together?
Since June 2002! 7 and a half years in December {it really doesn't feel so long ago}.

3. How long did you know each other before you started dating?
I cannot say we ever really dated. Things got serious right away. We knew we were meant for each other only moments after we met {cheese, I know} okay maybe a whole day later :) We met on a white water rafting trip and I knew I was in love with him and going to marry him when he pulled me out of the water and back into the boat!

4. Who asked who out?
I guess I would have to say Liam asked me. After fire works on Canada Day he asked if he could see me again tomorrow. Does that count? LOL Perhaps he invited me for dinner and to a drive in movie I think too :) Or was it breakfast the next morning... maybe it was a whole date day?

5. Who made the first move?
I would have to say it was kind of mutual. I made there no doubt in his mind that I had fallen for him and was interested. I really don't wanna share every detail {You may call me shameless -- it really wasn't that bad} LOL But he kissed me first. It was a good kiss too :) His kisses are still good! I cannot wait for another one of those kisses!

6. How old are each of you?
Liam - 33 {old man almost} Me- 28 {spring chicken}

7. Did you go to the same school?
No. But funny enough, Liam previously dated someone from my school and her name was Natalie too! Ha!

8. Are you from the same home town?
Indeed. Born and raised our whole lives in Kingston Ontario Canada! Whoo Hoo!

9. Who is the smartest?
I would say we fair out evenly on different subjects. He is great at math and problem solving, me not so much. I am better at different things.

10. What were your majors?
Liam and I both went to college. I just went a few more times then him. Liam is now a licenced carpenter and runs his own business and I am a PSW {Personal Support Worker} in a nursing home. Although currently I am a stay at home Momma to my three little girls {a full time job in itself} but very soon I will be headed back to work {at least for a few months} part time.


11. Who is the most sensitive?
Hands down ME! He is pretty sensitive at times and always the first to come to me after an argument. I would rather let things cool down and he likes to talk it out right away! I am an emotional girl! What can I say?

12. Where do you eat out most as a couple?
As a couple I would say Red Lobster {and not very often -- maybe once or twice a year} but as a family I would have to say Denny's {cheep and fast service - great for kids}.

13. Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Niagara Falls I think. Dreaming of a vacation in the warm sun somewhere. Maybe in about 5 - 10 years!

14. Who has the worst temper?
That would be Liam! No question about it.

15. How many children do you want?
We have always thought four was a good number and since we have three and are now expecting our forth {April 12th} I would say after that we will be done. We are so blessed, how could we ever ask for more? Plus, one day I would like some freedom back and right now that is at least 20 years away.

Meet baby Porter #4! Just what am I going to change my blog name to now?

16. Who does the cooking?
Mostly me although Liam BBQs and I do not cook too often or anything fancy. I am not a chef or even close to good at it. I like simple meals and have figured out as long as Liam gets fed he is happy with simple {good thing}!

17. Who is more social?
I would have to say me. Liam is quite shy with people at first meeting {maybe shy is the wrong word -- quiet maybe}. He really does not like making new friends, although you put him together with his buddies and he never stops talking!

18. Who is the neat-freak?
Me. I wish so much I was more like I use to be {more neat-freaky}. Not letting anything be out of place. I still really like things to all be put away before I go to bed, but after having my second child I started to realize that spending time with my kids was much more important than a tidy house. I still have my neat-freak moments though! There is a place for everything and everything in it's place.

19. Who is the most stubborn?
He would say me and I would say we are pretty even on this one :) Except I usually do get what I want. Maybe I shouldn't have told all of you that...

20. Who wakes up earlier?
He does. I sleep away while he gets up early to get ready for work! Until I start back then my morning work days start much earlier than his.

21. Where was your first date?
Hmmm. Breakfast {the lucky star restaurant} perhaps or dinner at his house? Don't remember which came first. It might have even been the drive-in movie. Man I am lost on this question. I seriously have no idea! I'll see if he remembers when he gets home.
UPADTED: Liam has no idea either. He remembers all of these dates but has no idea which came first.

22. Who has a bigger family?
He does, with lots of half siblings, step siblings and everything in between. I have far more extended family though.

23. Do you get flowers often?
Not too often. Always on Mother's Day and Valentine's Day. I am not seriously in love with flowers. They die too quickly. So overrated and expensive!

24. How do you spend the holidays?
We spend Christmas one year with my family and the next with his. This year it is his family's turn as last year they missed their year since we were not ready to travel with Tessa. Most other holidays we spend alone or with my family since they live in the same city as us.

25. Who is more jealous?
I guess me. I hate that word really and cannot say I am really jealous, but I often find myself comparing our lives to others. I need help with this one!
26. How long did it take to get serious?
Not very long. I would say instantly we knew we would not see other people.

27. Who eats more?
Him by far but I am always the one wanting food that tastes so go but is oh so bad! He hates me for that because he could sit and eat a handful of carrots and be happy {not me}!

28. What do you do for a living?
I guess I already answered this question -- oops.


29. Who does the laundry?
Me, me, me. I don't mind doCheck Spellinging laundry or folding it. But, I hate putting it away! We find ourselves living out of a laundry hamper for a week sometimes! Then, it's time to do the laundry all over again! ALL of it!

30. Who is better with the computer?
No question about it, I am. Although I am really struggling right now with the sidebar on my blog. I cannot get it to stay in the right place!

31. Who drives when you are together.
Liam always drives unless he has had something to drink. He feels much more comfortable in the drivers seat and I am okay with that. Except he hates my nagging!



32. What's your song?
Our wedding song was I can't Stop Falling in Love With You - Elvis. Liam loves Elvis Presley!

Sorry there are no wedding photos or real oldies in this post. It took long enough to put this all together so there was no way I was searching the old computer for photos too.

Well, this super long post is finally done. Feel free to join in the fun... or don't. I am waiting for Liam's call so I know when he will be in tomorrow. I am ecstatic! We had another rough day here today and I am so ready for him to be home! Lilly will catch the bus in the morning so I will only have Lilly and Abby to occupy all day. I may just get some last minute tidying done. Yay to Liam coming home! Yay!


4 comments:

Taylor said...

I looked it up and it said to make your pictures smaller in the post that caused this (if you don't know which one try a few) or if you added something to your sidebar when it happened then delete it. You can also try saving some of your posts (right click and copy) to WORD, then delete one at a time and see which one is the problem. It is definatley one of them from the last week I think, isn't that when it went wonky?

the monkeys' mama said...

Yay! i read all of it and loved it! Thanks for working on it! It was fun to get to know you!

Catherine Anne said...

What a fun post I did this on our 10 years married!

Taylor said...

Glad you got it working. Weird that it was the center thing. I thought the problem happened before that post.

BTW - Those swing pics are from a few weeks ago. I would never take her outside in this weather without mittens atleast LOL!