Monday, October 26, 2009

Missing Pop

I have been thinking about my Pop a whole lot lately. I miss him. It seems like forever since I have seen him last and yet there is not one thing about him I have forgotten. The way he smelled. The way he smiled. The way he laughed. The way he loved. I loved that man! I love that man.

I really thought about him when we passed the cemetery where he rests the other day. I could count the times I have visited there on one hand. I really need to make a better effort. It is so close to home now and I know it would do me good to visit. I should be telling my kids everything I remember about Pop. I want them to know him too. To know how much I love him and how wonderful of a man he was.


I was feeling like a snack the other night and looked in the freezer {I would normally never do this}. I saw a tub of ice cream. We NEVER have ice cream. I NEVER eat ice cream. But, it was staring in my face so I pulled it out and made a famous George Coates Coke float. If any of you were at my wedding you may recall having one of these there in honor of Pop. He was famous for his Coke floats. I ate it {savoring every taste} and remembered quickly just how filling those Coke floats are.

Pop, you fill my heart with love. Coke floats. you fill my tummy with yummy!



Here's to you Pop! We miss you!

No comments: