Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Much Better Day

UPDATED: I just heard from Liam and they had a long day. It snowed an awful lot in Ear Falls last night so they did see some moose tracks today but not any moose. Better luck tomorrow I guess. I had a good conversation with Liam until he told me how much he missed us and I lost it quietly to myself, said goodbye and hung up. He totally knows me I guess and called right back to hear me blubbering and telling him how much I wish he was home. So much for being thankful... I better get my butt in happy gear and get on that.

Firstly I am thankful for these beautiful girls...
and having a husband who knows me well enough to call me back to comfort me.

























Although it didn't quite start out that way. I was woken by Abigail at 4am coming downstairs to climb into bed with me. She didn't say a word just climbed up in Liam's spot and went to sleep {this is not a normal occurrence for her -- at all}. I knew it would cause some issues come 6am when Lilly was bound to wake up {I swear this girl cannot sleep past 6 o'clock -- EVER}. Sure enough at 5:45 Lilly comes down and I try and send her back to bed. Key word being try, because she was not having it. I had to make her up a bed on the couch and by 6:30 she was begging to watch shows. Our only sleep in this morning was from Tessa at almost 8:30. Man I wish I could have slept that late. Maybe in 20 years or so :)

So after some much needed Tylenol and some breakfast I was feeling a bit better. We started off our day making a double batch of apple crisp to take to Wendy's tomorrow for Thanksgiving dinner {Can't wait!}. Then I made a second batch to take to Jay and Carla's tonight. It was pretty yummy I must say. Hopefully it is a hit tomorrow too, although with Wendy's pumpkin pie there I doubt anyone will be too interested in apple crisp.

The rest of the day was good. We spent some time outside collecting leaves {hurray for no rain!} and tiring the girls out so they would have a good long nap this afternoon {which they did and even I snuck in a short one}. Then we headed off to Jay and Carla's for supper. We just got home not too long ago, Tessa is snug in bed and the girls are almost ready. I am going to enjoy some quiet, wait for Liam's call and be thankful for all that I have. Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Thanksgiving weekend {fellow Canadians} and everyone else has a safe and happy weekend. Goodnight!

One more day down -- 6 more to go!

No comments: