Wednesday, October 8, 2008

We Made it Through Day One!

Lilly and I are sitting on the couch together watching Play House Disney and Abigail is in bed for the nite. We made it through day one with Liam gone. It was a great day actually. Liam left at 4 this morning and kissed us all goodbye. He is headed to Ear Falls (near red lake) for about a week and a half of moose hunting. He will be stopping tonight to sleep in a hotel somewhere and I am sure I will be hearing from him (hopefully before Lilly is in bed for the night). He called me every night last year he was away, even if I only got to talk to him for a quick min.

The girls played so well together all day long and I think I only raised my voice once all day and that was a few mins ago when the girls had enough of one another and Abigail was getting cranky for bed time. It was like they knew how hard this week and a half is going to be for me and wanted to make a good start.

I was unable to cover my shift for tomorrow night (3-11) so thank goodness for family, Auntie Wendy is going to come and take care of the girls so I don't have to call in sick to work. This is fantastic really because it will give me some time away and I don't have to miss a shift at work. No call-ins for me for a week and a half!

I will update soon about where Liam is tonight and how long it will take him to reach Ear Falls. Hopefully he and John travel well together! They better really, since they have 23 hours of driving together!!

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Poor Mommy & girls missing daddy! I'm so glad Mike doesn't enjoy that kind of stuff. A week and a half is a long time but just think of all that space you will have in bed! This is especially great since you are in the last trimester! Try and keep yourself busy and he'll be back before you know it. How about getting an early start on Christmas baking? That is if you bake.

Natalie said...

Me bake? LOL The most I have done all year is apple sauce!
Thanks for the loving words and support. He will be home before we know it. It took me awhile to get to sleep last night but when I did I slept like a baby. Yeasterday and today both girls slept in till 8am too! No Liam noise in the morning is keeping them asleep! It is fantastic! Hope you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving! Play date for everyone soon okay?