Friday, June 5, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Our sweet little Tess is 6 months old today! Wow time flies by. She is already half a year old. I can hardly believe it.

Dearest Tessa,

You are the sweetest happiest little girl and you fill mine, Daddy's, Lilly and Abigail's hearts with so much joy and love. You are a fantastic sleeper and have been for months. You did not let your Mommy become sleep deprived. You easily made the transition from your cradle to your own room and into your crib. Mommy just lays you down and you fall asleep on your own. When I come in to get you after your nap or in the morning you brighten my day with your smiling face! It is always a fight between Lilly and I as to who can make it into your room the quickest because we both want that first smile from you. Although you always smile at both of us it is the first reaction we live on. You seem to adore your sisters and when they love on you you smile and giggle. I know they will be a big influence on who you become so I better get on them more to use their manners and behave!

Right now your favourite thing is tummy time (you have always preferred your tummy). Although you are constantly sliding and pushing yourself all over the place and rolling, you love the freedom that it brings. I can tell you will be very independent. You are starting to get up on your hands and knees and rock back and forth too. Your balance amazes me little girl :). You even hold your bottle by yourself already (at least sometimes)! You love eating from a spoon. So far you have had all the cereals and tried sweet potatoes, squash (which you love) and cream corn (not so fond of yet). Carrots will be next followed by those gross peas and beans. I mean really yummy peas and beans :)

You also love and admire Charlie. She is a new interest of yours and when she comes close to you you wiggle with excitement and squeal with glee. Charlie sits so still for you just so you can grab at her and feel her whiskers. I know you will be good friends with her (you already are).

I love how you show me with ease how you are feeling and that even through your cries and whines if I smile at you, I can see you trying so hard to smile back at me. You always have a smile for everyone. You love to smile, and I love that about you too (I love every little thing about you, lets be serious). I think your smiling is most prominent at service on Sunday. Everyone is always so thrilled by your sweet smiling face.

We had a few rough goes with over stimulation but you have quickly gotten over that. You still cling to familiar faces for comfort often though and if someone grabs you quickly from Momma without warming up first (someone you are not familiar with) you are sure to let them know very quickly that you don't like that!

You can not imagine the joy you have brought to our lives Tessa as a daughter and a sister. You are so easy and laid back and lovable and we cannot keep our hands and our lips off of you! Mommy, Daddy, Lilly and Abigail love you so very much and look forward to living out your next days, months and years with you. XOXO

You truly are a blessing sweet Tessa. Here is a slide show of your venture so far. Mommy doesn't want to miss one minute of your precious life. We sure are blessed :)

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow:
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Happy 6 month B-Day Tessa!