Seriously, I am blown away by Lilly's performance at skating today! She woke up yesterday before school and I could tell she was starting to catch a cold. By evening last night she was horribly complaining about an ear ache and throat pain and I was sure I was going to have to take her to emergency since all the after hours clinics were closed already. She had been laying in our bed for hours sleeping right after super and got up for a short while when she heard my friend Jess here for a visit. She was crying and complaining still so I gave her some more Tylenol and she was sick to her tummy a little bit from over coughing. She ended up asking to be taken up to bed and she did fuss on and off all night but slept remotely well until about 7:30 this morning when she came down to join me in my bed. I was pretty sure from how stuffed up she was that she would not have made it to her lesson this morning but she was bound and determined she was going, and when I questioned her she cried... so, well I let her go. How could I make her stay home if she was feeling well enough and waste money and a week of skate lessons when she was progressing so very well!?
So, like I said... I was completely blown away with Lilly's Skate lesson today! She had energy I didn't know existed! She flew on that ice and I swear I had to snap myself out of the trance I was in because for a minute I thought I was at the Olympics witnessing a speed skating race! Not really, but Holy Hannah did she fly! Check it out for yourself in the 2nd video!
Abigail was super cute today and stood in the door to the rink all lesson. She kept looking at me with these sweet eyes and trying to step onto the ice {she knew she wasn't suppose to}. She kept telling me she really wanted to skate too, so we will have to get her out again for sure, really soon!
Poppa came to help out at skating again today too! Thanks Poppa! He was so proud of how well Lilly did today he treated us all to lunch!



1 comment:
She'll be playing hockey before you know it, she's already taking down the others LOL!
Post a Comment