Monday, February 1, 2010

Our Dear Deer Friends

Yesterday morning I woke up with this awful taste in my mouth. I am sure you all know that taste. It comes with a side of slimy teeth. Sorry to share so many details, but I felt the need for some strange reason. I just knew I was getting sick since I was positively absolutely certain pretty sure I had brushed my teeth before going to bed the night before and my head was pounding something awful. Sure enough by mid afternoon my sinuses were full and a head cold had indeed set in. Darnitt! Where did it come from? Why was I getting sick?

Anyways, enough of the pitty party {or maybe} because today I feel like I have been hit by a train and wish I could stay in bed all day. I just might too if it weren't for the fact that I am a Momma of three busy little girls who need my attention and demand things like being fed, having their bum changed and playing with them every now and again. Mom's don't aren't suppose to get sick you know!

Okay I am done... for now.

Yesterday afternoon Liam and I headed out to the country so Liam could look at a job he is working on this week and I could have a visit with friends and meet their deer friends who hang out daily in their backyard. It was truly amazing to watch since the closest I have ever been to a living deer is seeing one from a car window or on t.v {note the living deer part. I have been known to see many of them dead -- lucky me}.

So, wasn't it just dear of our friends to share their deer friends with us? There was one particular moment in time {when my camera was in the truck} that there were 8 deer there hanging out all at the same time! I was only able to catch 6 together on camera which I think is pretty darn special anyways. It was neat to see them wander back after leaving for awhile. One or two would show up and mesmerised we would stare out the window and watch as the others slowly one by one would peek out from the woods and join their little group. It was a beautiful sight I tell ya. One I will remember forever. I cannot wait to go back so I can witness it again over and over!







1 comment:

Taylor said...

That's a lot of deer! What are they feeding them, crack, lol!?