If we are keepin' it real around here, I would admit that Lilly missed her bus because of a huge stupidity leak. A stupidity leak that made me send Liam out to wait with Lilly for the bus at 8:00 in the morning when she didn't need to start waiting until 8:30 and Liam having to leave and me having a total melt down because I was going to have to pack up all three girls and drive Lilly to school and that he must have been out there too late because why would the bus not show up and yada yada yada. Then calling my Aunt to see if she could drive Lilly to school which she said she would willingly and then realizing almost minutes before she got there that I probably could have gotten Lilly on the bus anyways had I realized only minutes before that her bus didn't come until 8:30. I blame it on placenta brain -- you blame it on whatever you like! Total melt down -- NOT ME!
Then to top the day, after a huge nap with the girls I let Charlie out to do her business and when she came back in I noticed my van was running! I did not start it, and the doors to the house had been locked all day, so it meant that Liam would have had to start it before he left for work in the morning. Which indeed he did when he thought I had to drive Lilly to school this morning and he thought he would be nice since I was having a melt down. When he left he decided to warm it for me. It only ran for 6 full hours. No biggie really, except if you think about how many fines I could have acquired in that time since you are no longer aloud to let your vehicle idle for more than 4 minutes. How many times does 4 minutes go into 6 hours..... hmmmm.
If we were keepin' it real around here, I would admit that I took Lilly to skating lessons on Thursday but then kept her home from school on Friday because I knew they were having an outdoor Olympics day and didn't want her out in the cold all morning. Makes total sense right? Well, it turns out she has a double ear infection and stopped complaining about her ears because she didn't want to go to the doctors because she did not want a needle! She was more than willing to get checked out once she was told there would be no needle but then made a funny face {scrunching her nose up} when she found out that the clinic doctor was a male and she wasn't sure he would do a good enough job!
If we were keepin' it real around here, I would admit that the two day shifts I worked this weekend knocked the crap out of me and that on day two I may have forgotten to apply underarm deodorant and so I completely smelled like B.O. by the end of the day. I also was having braxton hicks all night {painful ones} and my stomach was so tight. Both nights I was in bed by 8:30 and I am still tired and recovering from two days of work. How sad am I? Please bring back the night shifts. I will never complain about night shifts ever again! I also slept terribly all weekend and last night I was up 4 times before 3am to pee and could barely move from my hips being to stiff not to mention every time I had to lift my legs with my hands to get out of bed a Charlie horse started in my calf and I could have screamed and cried out loud! I think it is definitely time to admit my body is spent and that this forth baby is indeed the last. I need my poor body back!
If we were keepin' it real around here I would admit that I have not done any housework in days, that I am so over tired and the only thing I really want to do is sleep. I would admit that I have not taken pictures in days except one of the silly thorn pulled out of Charlie's paw. I would admit that I am dreading going back to work on Thursday. And I would admit that I really need to get my butt in gear and suck it up for my kids because I am sure they are hating the placenta head Momma I have been the past few days and are needing my love and attention so very badly.
If we were keepin' it real around here, I am promising myself and my kids that we are gonna play like we have never played before tomorrow, and that all this snow that is suppose to fall tonight is for our pure enjoyment. We are gonna have fun and poop ourselves out from all the fresh air we will get, and we will cuddle and love one another like there is no tomorrow, and we will forget all these silly moments or at least smile and laugh about them. And, I am going to take pictures, tons of pictures! And I am not going to touch this silly computer again until my kids are snug in their beds tomorrow night. Because tomorrow is all about enjoying each other and living life and being happy.
Tomorrow, happy is what we will be. Happy will be keepin' us real!
2 comments:
Hope the rest of your week is better. The snow is really coming down. It figures because every time I go to Ottawa in the winter the roads are bad!
haha love when you keep it real girl - I hope you have a good rest of the week! :-) I swear my "placenta brain" just never left me!
Post a Comment