Sunday, July 26, 2009

Thankful for Days Like This One

Today we are extremely thankful for this beautiful weather! After church this morning (just me and the girls -- Liam was working), we came home for a nice nap and then had a late lunch with Liam once he got home. After we ate we headed to Kingston Mills to check out the locks and of course to take a million and one photos. Or 204, whatever the case may be {Grin}. Here are some of my favourites. Tessa was having an absolutely wondrous time crawling around in the grass. She is a mover boy and once she does something she keeps at it and has it perfected the moment she starts. She sat unassisted for the first time and I never had any worries about her falling because she did it with ease. The same is showing with her crawling. She is going and going strong. Nothing is going to stop her. I am amazed with her confidence. While we all sat together and watched the boats come through I glanced over to see Tessa standing! She had grabbed a hold of the stroller basket and got herself up. I of course snapped a ton of pictures (to come in another post) and she stood there for what seemed like forever. She would let go with one hand and wave and smile at Liam and the girls. I waited and waited for her to start crying because I know when babies get themselves standing they usually cannot get back down. She didn't fuss or cry or anything. She slowly lowered herself down to the sitting position! Tessa you are amazing!

Liam took Lilly and Abigail down the locks for a closer look while Tessa and I hung out together up at the top. We considered taking the backpack but ended up putting her in the stroller so she could be sheltered if it decided to rain. To be honest I am totally okay with that because the locks make me really nervous and I am terrified of falling in! Liam even admits that they make him a little nervous too. They are so enjoyable though. I like it there... a lot. These kind of days me me very happy. {Grin}












Hope everyone had an amazing weekend. We have a busy week ahead with Declan here twice. Our plan tomorrow is to take kitty to the vet for some more needles and then hang out in the yard for the day. Hope everyone has a great week ahead of them... I am looking forward to Liam's vacation coming soon. We have lots of fun day trips planned as well as more yard work!


1 comment:

Taylor said...

Sounds and looks like a fun day! Way to go Tessa, you will be walking in not time!