We decided to head up the road after smothering ourselves in sun screen and enjoy Auntie Wendy's pool this afternoon. Lilly was super excited and kept telling me over and over how brave she would be and that she was going to venture on her own with her life jacket. She turned out to be a little less excited come time to get
in the pool. Don't get me wrong, she loves the water, but her confidence was lacking a little once she was actually
near the water. She is not confident that her life preserver will actually hold her above and kept her face dry. I think if she was in the water often enough she would gain some more confidence but I was so proud of what she
did accomplish today. She loved floating in the boat and didn't want any help with that! She did venture in with me and I lightly held on to her jacket while she kicked (and cried a little) but I was so very proud of her. When
I was little I was very nervous of the water and I was very late at learning to swim. I really should get her in some lessons (and Abby too). Abigail took a little time warming up to the water but once Wendy convinced her to come in she didn't want to get out. She also loved floating in the boats but was also comfortable in Wendy's arms or the tube. Wendy had tested Tessa's tootsies in the water and she screamed and cried. I really wanted to try and get her in so I sat on the stairs with her standing on my lap and we gradually made our way in. She LOVED the water, which I was certain she would once she adjusted to the temperature since she
certainly adores tubby time.
Beware: A little sun, a whole lot of swimming and waking up at 6:45 am causes
total exhaustion

I would have liked to get more pictures of the girls doing different things in the pool but I was limited to what I took pictures of since I was in the pool most of the time myself. I got out to snap the pictures that I did. I really wanted to get one of Tessa on the stairs in the pool but that would have required getting in the pool with my camera and with any movement from her I would have grabbed for her for sure,So I know there was probably not the slightest chance my camera would have stayed dry. So I guess we will have to make a beach trip so I can get some shots of her sitting in the water by herself :)
I guess I will have to take some advice from my
bloggy friends and get a large hat, a cute cover -up and have an enjoyable time. I think to be honest I could handle
anything (even a beach visit) for some great photo opportunities.
So, what would you do (that your normally wouldn't) to get some great photos?
1 comment:
Looks like the girls had a great time. Love the picture of Lilly in the airplane and the one of Tessa under it!
Post a Comment