"Where?" "Akkk!"
"What is it Mommy?"
"That there 'cloud' is filled with water Lilly"
"What does that mean?"
"That is not good - not good at all. That's what that means"
So, when I called Liam on his cell phone at work to tell him that indeed the bank was closed on Monday for family day, I told him our little problem. Liam told me to poke a hole in the paint and let the water come out. I thought that was a terrible idea since I had three little girls at home all by myself and didn't want to make matters worse... but, he insisted. I poked a small hole in the paint and stood on a chair holding a bowl under the hole while the water poured out... yes poured! I explained to Liam that it just wasn't stopping, so he said to push all around it. I did. The more I pushed the more the water came out... then it would refill in the paint bubble again and keep pouring! Unreal. After about 5 mins of this I called Liam back to see what I should do. He came home and immediately got out the sawzall (?sp?). I watched Liam as he cut a smallish hole in my kitchen ceiling and water gushed everywhere. "AHHHHHHH"! and then he cut and even bigger hole... then started breaking down the ceiling with his hands since it was so soggy that it was just falling off practically. Man are we lucky or are we lucky? It turns out there is a leak coming from the bathroom sink up above. Fortunately it is in the perfect spot in the kitchen and will be easy to replace. Fortunately Lilly was not sitting at the kitchen table in her seat when the ceiling decided to fall in on it's own. Fortunately Lilly spotted the "cloud" on the ceiling before things got much worse. Ahhh....... breathe.... Fortunate?? I guess so.



As I looked back on this blog to edit it the date caught me off gaurd... indeed Friday the 13th. How ironic! LOL


1 comment:
Bummer! Friday the 13th indeed!
Post a Comment