Thursday, February 26, 2009

She's Registered!

Thank goodness it is done! Lilly is finally registered for Kindergarten after many frantic conversations on Mommy's part. I thought this would be an EASY thing. When I went to register Lilly for school I at first wanted to wait to see where we might be living when she started school in September. Once we figured out we would still be here likely, I had to decide whether to put her in Catholic school (like I attended) OR public school (like Liam attended). We decided public school was the route. But-- then when I called Amherstview Public school they asked if I wanted her in English or Immersion? Wow! This was too much for me. I started thinking about Lilly's future and how very important it would be for her to be bilingual in her future. After many chats with family, people I know who attended immersion and a family teacher, I decided against the immersion after almost registering her. When it came down to me going to Amherstview Public yesterday and almost registering her in the immersion program, the secretary wasn't there and they sent me away (with more thought of course). I had to call back today to find out that this school wasn't even our district! Ahhhhhh! Collin's Bay Public School is where Lilly is suppose to attend! LOL I also fond out that if we did end up wanting her in the immersion program that she would be bussed all the way to Henderson -- which if I had known in the beginning probably wouldn't have considered immersion. Anyhow -- It is done now! No more mulling things over. No more frantic conversations with family members. No more stress about whether or not this is the right decision. Ultimately there are still way more children in the English program and if Lilly decides in her future that she is interested in french we will get her in the courses she needs to be in then. Ultimately it is VERY important for her to be stronger in English. Lilly is now registered for JK. Yes only JK, not college. And Mommy thought Daddy was a stress ball! LOL End of story!

No comments: