Saturday, February 14, 2009

Tomorrow is Promised to no one

As I was writing my blog yesterday about our kitchen ceiling disaster I was constantly thinking in the back of my mind how very fortunate we are - Hence the fortune comments near the end of the blog. We ARE so very fortunate to have so much love in our family. Three beautiful, HEALTHY girls who have so much love to give and share with one another. It is easy to forget just how fortunate we are sometimes and then hearing a sad story about someone losing a family member to cancer, a car accident or some other horrible disease makes us feel the heartache these family members are feeling and trying to imagine being in their shoes kicks us in the heart! I bought myself a sign for my birthday... Liam was beside himself thinking "Another sign? We have a hundred signs in the house." But, this one is truly special to me and I know each one of my family members (Liam included) will understand and feel the same way I did when I bought it for myself - someday... as a reminder that tomorrow is promised to no one. Live everyday like it is your last, love, live, laugh and love.

If I knew

Hold your loved ones
close today
Whisper in their ear
Tell them that
you love them
And you'll always
hold them dear
For tomorrow is promised
to no one
Young or old alike
And today may be
your last chance
To hold your loved ones tight

No comments: