Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tuesdays - It's Not All About You!


I have been following a few new blogs lately. One of the blogs being of a family who recently lost their little girl to cancer. Her name was Tuesday and Steece's blog (another blog I follow) has been doing a new tribute every Tuesday now called "It's Not All About You!" She is encouraging using Tuesdays to blog about someone special in Tuesday's memory.


from Stacee's blog
What is it?Well, we'll tell you what it is NOT... It's Not About YOU. It's about SOMEONE ELSE. It's our chance, each of us, to shine our light on someone else.

Huh? Whaddya mean?We each spend a lot of time talking about ourselves and our lives, but we are also fairly GIVING people too...Tuesday's Tribute is a chance to talk about OTHER people, OTHER blogs, OTHER lives.

Still lost...what would I write about??How about...A blog/blogger/business whose work you love that you want to help promote to your readers? (example)A friend or a loved one who you respect? (example)One of your kids who just accomplished something great?A cause you feel strongly about? A Fundraiser?


We could always use a friendly reminder that life is not all about us--Right? I thought that this would be a great thing to be a part of - even if it is not every week I am going to give it a try. Ultimately the world does not revolve around the Porter Clan and there are a whole lot of special, interesting people out there to share about. Feel free to take part in Tuesdays Tribute. Why? Because it's all about sharing and it's not all about you :)
Earlier today I wrote about Kate's baby Derrick. This will be my first Tuesday Tribute. Katie and Derrick and their family need our support and prayers while going through this tough time in their lives. Please think of them today and remember how very fortunate we are for all that we have.

No comments: