Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesday's Tribute - Gramma

I don't know if anyone out there keeps in contact with their grandparents as much as I do with my Gramma (Gram) -- or if they even have the opportunity to. I talk to my Gram at least once a day and if by chance we miss this chat on occassion one of us is always worried about the other wondering if all is well. My Gram is the most caring and loving person I know. She is always thinking about others and putting them before herself. She is always giving motherly advice -- make sure you drink lots of juice, garggle with salt water, bundle those girls up well! And then will follow her advice with "and that's your lecture for today!" as if she thinks we think she is being a pest! She is always there when we need her -- offering support and telling me how wonderful I am as a mother, a listening ear, giant hug, or some advice. I cannot imagine my life without her in it. An 85 year old woman who still drives, meets me at all my doctors appointments to help out with the girls and stopping in for a visit NEVER empty handed! I LOVE this woman. She is strong hearted, LOVING, gentle and kind. She is a mother to three, a Grandmother to many and also a friend -- to me! I am so blessed to have her in my life. I am also so aware of how much my girls love her and I feel so very fortunate for them, that they will know her and remember her in their lives. She is my role model, my inspiration and like I said... she is my friend. I love you Gram -- Always!

Talking with Tess while feeding her a bottle

They had a little fall in the snow here... LOL

Grama talking to Lilly -- Lilly taking in the moment

No comments: