Monday, February 16, 2009

A Family Room for Family Day




The basement is almost completely done now. We moved most of the furniture down today and all of the toys. I got busy organizing everything and everything is in it's place - for now! LOL I am sure when the kids get at their little toy nook tomorrow everything will change very quickly. I am sure glad to get all of the toys back together again through. I was truly beginning to hate having to tidy Lilly's room, Abigail's and the living room. Now, I will only have this one space to tidy.

My two big girls are sleeping in their new bunk beds right now! Daddy also set these up today in Lilly's room and Abigail's room too now. I thought it would be more of a fight getting Abigail to sleep in a BIG bed, but she was great. She wined a bit and kept asking for me to put her blankets on. But, that has been a nightly ritual for a little while now anyway. I went to the gate and asked Abigail if she wanted to go back up to her baby bed and she said no. So I told her that she needed to climb back into her big girl bed and go to sleep and she did. End of story (well, Abigail's story)!

Lilly wanted to be in her bed all day! I had to take the ladder away and put it in the broom closet or Lilly and Abigail might have climbed up and down all day! I think this will be a daily ritual (taking the ladder down) once they are awake. I do not like the idea of them playing on the bunks at all. Sleeping is just fine.... climbing not so fine. Lilly also went to bed with little fight tonight and I doubted she would really. She told me at first the bed wasn't comfortable until I explained to her that she still had the very same matress it was just on another frame. She dropped that idea and then told me she couldn't sleep. Same tactic I used on Abigail. "If you don't like your new bed Lilly I can take it appart tomorrow and bring your old one back?" "No Mommy, I like this one! I LOVE sleeping in the top bunk!!" End of story. She was asleep in 5 mins time.
We had a great day today and accomplished so much. I am excited to be down in our new family room tomorrow and looking forward to the convience of laundry being right there. Sounds funny right? But, doing laundry in this house is a huge task with three little ones and making trips up and down the stairs leaving them on the main floor while I switched everything over. Now I am practically in the same room and can fold it right there while they play. Anyhow, I think this post is long enough already. Stay tunned for superlatives results and Tessa sleeping in her new room to come in the near future. Happy Family Day Everyone!!

No comments: