I heard the phone ringing this morning just after 7am and thought... work has been doing this too much lately. They call just after a shifts starts and want you to take it without any notice. I ignored the ringing, rolled over and fell back asleep. The next thing I know I am waking up to the sounds of little foot steps coming down the stairs. I immediately jumped out of bed to look at the clock since I was feeling a little too rested and Lilly had school this morning. It was 8:35! Lilly catches her bus at 8:34 and no one else was awake so I knew there was no chance of going back in time a few mins and getting an almost 5 year old and two younger ones ready and to the bus on time. It just wasn't going to happen! So, I picked up the phone to call Gramma who had also had a sleep in this morning (manic Mondays?) and she said she would pop over so I could drive Lilly to school which was good, considering otherwise I would have had to get everyone up and dressed and quickly out the door and then unpack everyone from the car to walk Lilly up to the school because I would NEVER send her from the parking lot to school yard on her own, EVER {when I say EVER I mean in the next few years anyhow}!
In the process of making Lilly's lunch for school {I know, procrastinator right? I should have had it done last night.} I checked the phone for callers and messages and was shocked to see a personal number on my phone. I quickly checked the messages to find out that Susan {who we do not know} who lives on the street behind us had Smokey walk into her house this morning making himself at home {well, almost}. She called here and no one answered so she said she would leave him in her house all day while she went to work and I could call her there.... great. I called her at home since it was before she said she had to leave but no one answered. I guess someone did get up on time today and even had an early start out the door. Bummer! When I reached her she said he was a little traumatized by her other cats in the house but was trying to find a quiet spot to sleep. Lets hope he makes out okay today since I have no way of bringing him home until she gets home from work this afternoon! I will let you know also that I am a total freak about making sure the cat is in at night. Liam has left him out a few times and I am constantly checking out in the sun room all night long to see if he has let himself in and often he has -- but if he hasn't he is always there to run in the door at 6 when Liam lets Charlie out for her morning business. Well, last night when we let Charlie out before bed, Smokey went too and I hoped he would just do his business and come back in, but he didn't and I didn't bother to try and call him. I left the sun room door open to outside and went to bed. My bad! Poor kitty will be happy to see my face when I go get him this afternoon. I am sure of it!
Anyone else with Monday mishaps?
By the way, I thought I would mention that I actually got Lilly to school in time and was so thrilled that she was able to refrain from getting her first tardy slip before she reached age five... oh wait, I guess she still has some time before then. Maybe Mommy will have to start setting an alarm?!
No comments:
Post a Comment