Thursday, January 28, 2010

Baby Name Poll

I could use your help friends. Liam and I have narrowed our baby name choices down to three and I would like to know your favorites. I am having huge difficulties this pregnancy committing to just one name since I know it is our last baby.

# 1. Ellie - I will tell you I have almost settled on this one a number of times. Not exactly sure what is turning me away from it. I think maybe the fact it is so close to Ella which has been growing in popularity lately. I do so absolutely LOVE this name though. Ellie... so cute for a child or an old lady. Don't you think?

#2. Leila - Pronounced "Lee-la". Another name we love who we think would just be so darling for a little girl and know it works well for an older lady because it was Liam's late Grandmother's name. We both love that we could honor Grandma Wilde by using this name but I wonder if it is too close to Lilly? Help!

#3. Quinn - This is totally Liam's choice right now and I do like it A LOT, but I cannot seem to get over the fact that any name I place after Quinn, like Leila for example, makes the Quinn sound like Queen.

So these are my dilemmas, hope you can offer some advice because I am also considering what sounds the best with the other girl's names too and Lilly, Abigail, Tessa and Quinn has a nice ring to it. Then I get thinking that I could use all three and name her Ellie Leila Quinn (Liam thought I was nuts on this one)! Some people just tell me to wait until I meet her and I will just know, but I am not so sure about that one. I am losing my mind almost and cannot let go of Ellie or Leila or Quinn!

Please when you comment just leave ONE name and why you like it best and that might help me a little... or just make the decision more difficult... we will see :)

4 comments:

Taylor said...

I like Leila because it sounds good with Tessa. You already have Lilly and Abby ending the same so why not add another name ending in "a". If I saw it spelled like that I would think it was pronounced Lay-la though lol, but that's just the way my brain works. I love the name Leah (pronounced lee-a) too!

Megan said...

Hey Nat!

My vote is Ellie. I would actually call her Ellie Quinn Porter.. but this is not MY kid! I totally agree that Leila is a bit too close to Lilly.. plus from a teacher's perspective it will be mis-pronounced a lot!

Brad said...

My vote's for Leila, don't know why....I just like it. Steph says Quinn.

Unknown said...

I love Ellie . . . and I like what Megan said: Ellie Quinn - so cute!!!