Friday, January 1, 2010

Finally With My Girl and a New Years Eve Skate

So, we left New Years Eve around lunch time to head to Ottawa for the night! We were all so excited to see Lilly and to get Abigail on skates like her big sister! I think Lilly was glad to see us but she wasn't home sick at all like I thought she would be. Her and Abigail instantly got playing with one another and Lilly was more than happy to show her all that she did while she was away from home. We were able to get out for a skate in the afternoon. Of course when I say 'we' I mean everyone excpet me. I just went out with the camera {oh, and Tessa napped inside}. Lilly floored us with how good she was doing on the ice. She didn't want help at all {Miss Independent} and by the time we left today she was doing so awesome! We definately need to get her in some lessons 'cause that girl she is super and not afraid to fall at all! Abigail on the other hand is quite hessitant. Hopefully next year she will be able to enjoy it a bit more.

The girls even got out for a skate after dark which was super neat. It was snowing a lot and the lights were shining on the ice making for a super neat effect. The fun for the day and evening doesn't stop there though, so stay tuned, and I promise to post many more pictures from our visit later on.










1 comment:

Taylor said...

Looks like lots of fun was had! How cool to have a rink in your backyard!