Wednesday, September 9, 2009

She did Great! Surprisingly I did too!

Please click on the images to make them larger.

She did it! And, she did it great! Lilly headed off to her first day of school today and everyone held it together -- yes, even Mommy! I was a little surprised with myself but seeing her smile that way sure did help. I know she will do wonderful in school.

So, she sure had a crew seeing her off this morning. Gramma, Mommy, Daddy and her two little sisters walked her to the bus stop and she got on without any hesitation at all! I hopped in the van and headed to her school to see her off and she was so thrilled about her first bus ride. She said it was long though! She was obviously anxious to get there and the normal 2 min drive was more like 15 - 20 min after all the other stops! Anyhow her teacher was there to meet her so we said goodbye at her doorway. I cannot wait to see her at 4. I know she is having an awesome day -- I can feel it :)

My little girl is all grown up and off to kindergarden! {sniffles} Just kidding. No tears!

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Way to go Lilly!

Unknown said...

She looks lovely, and what a lovely send off too.


What a long first day! Last week my son spend ONE HOUR on his first day! We are gradually up to nearly 3 hours, but he is more than ready to stay for full time.