Friday, September 25, 2009

Day Three and Four


I will add some more pictures from Lilly's school days here after. I don't feel at all like grabbing my camera and adding photos to the computer right now. Lazy? Yes. Tired? For sure. So there! So day three when well for Lilly, or at least we would have expected it to. When I met Lilly at the bus stop she came running into my arms sobbing. I had to hold back tears myself and try and get to the bottom of what happened. She was tired! Her cheeks were all flushed and she kept telling me over and over how tired she was. Was your day at school okay Lilly? Yes, I'm tired {sob}. What about the bus ride? It was too long. I'm so tired {sob}. This went on the whole walk home (which is only up the driveway), into the house, and even after washing up and a bathroom break. All Lilly wanted to do was lay in bed with Momma and cry. I felt terrible. I was worried she hated her new classroom and her teacher was mean. I worried someone picked on her and she would never want to go back to school again. I heard a lot of how she missed her old teacher (two days is long enough to cause a bonding relationship at her age) and that her bus ride was SO LONG! Anyhow, she did tell us she liked her new teacher and she indeed had a good day. Phew! So, when I walked her to the bus on Wednesday (let me share with you that Lilly asked "what kind of punishment this was" that she had to go to school again so soon) I said in front of the bus driver that maybe she should sit closer to the front on the ride home. He asked why and I explained how upset she had been from Monday's ride home. Mr. Super. Nice. Bus. Driver. Man. told me Lilly had fallen asleep on the way home on Monday, hence the tears and disorientation and complaints of being tired! Ah ha! It all makes perfect sense now! I'll also have you know that I did ask Lilly if she had fallen asleep on the bus and she said she definitely didn't! Uh huh! LOL Don't always trust your four year old.

What a relief! Day Four, indeed without a hitch! She smiled hugely when she got off the bus and was so looking forward to taking Daddy and Mommy to her school for the open house on Thursday. I had already met Lilly's teacher so, it was mostly for Liam. Mrs. Olhman really couldn't tell us an awful lot since she had only known Lilly for two days except that on Wednesday she totally refused to eat the lunch I packed for her (and she choose) because it stunk! Okay, maybe a little hitch.LOL Man, oh man she cracks me up! I had already known this information of course because of the sandwich being sent home in her lunch bag and her telling me right away that since she had to eat her orange for lunch instead of snack that she had to get a snack from the office for after lunch recess! Another tid bit, as we walked into the school and by the office (during her school open house) the principle popped her had out, smiled and said "Hi Lilly!" After four days of kindergarten even the principle knows my child. Either she is a bright light (which I totally think he is) or she is such a trouble maker and the principle thinks we don't pack our kid with a proper lunch!

1 comment:

Taylor said...

LOL, poor thing! Soon she will be going to school like a pro. (Hopefully)