Here you can find updates on our life and the everyday experiences we share with one another. Family IS everything!
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
He Promised
I decided to pick Lilly up from school yesterday since it was rainy AND because she asked me too, AND because she was up at 5:45 am and I did not want a repeat situation of Lilly falling asleep on the bus again. So I arrived at school a tiny bit early. Early enough that I saw all of her classmates and her sitting lined up in the hallway waiting patiently for the bell to ring while they all sang along with her teacher to Alice the Camel. It was super cute, anyways... once Lilly saw me she wanted to know why I had come to pick her up and when I told her all three reasons she said she had changed her mind and that now she in fact wanted to ride the bus home from school. Once I convinced her to ride with me she said I should never pick her up again. No problem Lilly! LOL So, right in front of the school gate was a huge puddle. When I say huge, I mean gigantic. It was inches deep and probably about 5 feet wide. Lilly saw this and said "That is a big flood Mom! Look there!!" I said "It is a big flood Lilly, you are right." Then Lilly says "But Momma, I thought God said he would never ever flood the whole world ever again?!" My response "You're right baby, he did promise that." Lilly asks then "Then Momma, why did he flood it again?" Momma's response "Baby, that is just a great big puddle. God will never flood the whole world again, He promised us that." Lilly "Okay Mom. I get it now." I guess all those stories I am reading her are actually sinking in. Perhaps I am doing something right as a parent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cute story! I wonder what questions I'll get about bunnies running away and saying goodnight to everything LOL?
Post a Comment