Monday, August 24, 2009

i heart faces -- Nostalgia

Nostalgic for me is watching my Gramma do anything at all with my children. It brings back very fond memories of my childhood. I am thankful that my girls are lucky enough to have Gramma in their lives and I am thankful that they are so close and will always remember her.
When I was little I use to spend hours with Gramma doing laundry. She would let me help wash, and hang and fold the laundry. My favourite part of all was helping her to hang the clothes on the line. I loved handing her the clothes pegs and I loved the smell of the laundry afterwards.

Here is my Grandmother {86 years young} hanging laundry on my line {since she no longer has her own}. It may have been a staged shot {smile} but Gramma, she took her job very seriously. In the end I think I liked the shot best when I got her to glance and smile at the camera. She laughed and said "Who ever smiles while they do laundry?". My response "You do Gramma, and that is why I loved doing it with you."

If you would like to see every ones nostalgic photographs, head on over to i heart faces and check them out -- like now!

5 comments:

Amy said...

What a perfect picture for this category! Great job!

Tiffany said...

Sweet, love the picture and of course the story that goes along. Thanks for visiting June Makes Six.

bek said...

What a great story! She looks like a lot of fun. And thanks for stopping by. =)

the monkeys' mama said...

Hi Natalie, I didn't see an email address for you so I'm answering you here--sorry about that! Yes, I should have posted on my tutorial that even my BIG husband can wear it (he is really tall and a lot broader than me). I have made them for shorter friends before and only used 4 or 4.5 yards and that has worked, too. I would imagine that you would be perfectly fine with 5 yards. Of course, it can't hurt to get 5.5 or even 5.25 just to be on the safe side...but I do have plenty of wrap left dangling down!

Taylor said...

Great shot of your Gramma!