Well, here we are back home after a VERY busy week. Lots of posts to come with many pictures of course.
On Tuesday we took the girls to the Toronto zoo. I remember the last time Liam and I were there (probably last year) we said we would definitely avoid the Canadian and American trails next visit, because who wants to look at deer and moose when you have seen them a lot before and in order to see them you have miles of walking to do in the extreme heat and way too many hills to climb! We did avoid them this year. I think we also said it wasn't even too much fun and maybe we would avoid the zoo all together from now on. Ha! There we were again in the hot, grinning and bearing it for the girls. Man it was hot! Lilly was all about seeing the monkeys and all she kept asking us was if she ran quickly enough could she avoid being hit by the poop they were likely to throw in her direction! Only my child! LOL We didn't witness any poop throwing, but we did see a monkey pick his bum and then smell it! Monkeys are all about class you know. And then we kept seeing signs everywhere saying that humans and monkeys are %98 alike. This got us a little upset, because when we saw the apes they looked so sad. Here we all were standing and staring at them locked in these cages. If they were anything like us they would hate us staring at them. They would be bored out of their minds and have nothing better to do then... say pick their bums and smell it. I know this is quite a rant but I am thinking this may have been our last visit to the zoo ever -- or until we entirely forget how we felt about it this visit and go next year.
Here are two of my favourite monkeys!

This is the only half decent shot I got of any of the monkeys. They were always in cages making it hard to get a good picture.

I really love the elephants. Beautiful animals. They were spraying themselves with dirt to cool off.


This was a first for us. Walking free around the zoo was this peacock and her babies. Lilly almost walked right into her.

Clearly my girls are having the time of their lives and the guy guiding the camel -- well, not so much! I told you it was really HOT!


The highlight of our day was the very end. We visited Sting Ray Bay (a new section of the zoo). We got to pet sting rays! Lilly was not so into the smell (it was fishy) but Abigail loved it and could have spent the day there petting them. Here is my last picture from our visit... not too exciting but a memory caught for us so Abigail can remember her love of sting rays.

Anyhoo, I am completely beat. Need to rest -- like now. See you tomorrow to share some farm visits from our trip to Ottawa! Night all!
No comments:
Post a Comment