Lets just say it -- I loved Upper Canada Village. Through all the crying, the heat, the inconsolable children... I loved it! It was so fluffing hot when we went and it seemed like there was absolutely no getting out of the sun there. But, you can guess... I loved it {smiles} I loved all of the animals. I loved the beautiful setting. I loved the old buildings. I loved the people all in their olden' day attire doing olden' day work -- like making yarn, riding horse and carriage, using a sithe (sp?) to cut weeds, baking in a kitchen on a fire (no stove), having a classroom with chalkboards and chalk. I loved it all!
I think the girls enjoyed it too, but may have been a little agitated by the heat. I think they would have enjoyed it much more had it been cooler. They were able to do some activities that were fun. I could not get Lilly to pose for the camera dressed up for the life of me. It was too hot. Did I say how stinkin' hot it was? But -- I loved it there!
2 comments:
You would make a great "olden" day gal... I would not LOL. The UCV was NOT one of my favorite places to go LOL! When I lived in Ottawa we went every year through school and I hated it. I will have to take Taylor there someday and dread it. Maybe I can talk Barb into taking her LOL!!
Or I think you may be able to twist my arm {smiles}
Post a Comment