Sunday morning I woke up at 5am to no power. It had been raining for awhile but no thunder or lightening that we were aware of. Liam was to work in the morning but the rain put a damper on that. We had plans to head to Liam's mom's in the afternoon and then stay over night for a visit. We would have liked to have left earlier since Liam was now off, but after we were up in the morning we had to wait a few hours before the power was back on again. We ended up leaving around the same time we would have had Liam gone to work so it turned out okay. Boy, I knew my children were a little high maintenance but just leave it to no power to really find out. Lilly was crying and whining all morning because there was no t.v.! Silly girl!
We had a great visit with Liz, Keith, Nick and Katherine. The kids were all excited to be there and Charlie even more so. Liam got to help Keith out with the railings on his deck and the girls played their little hearts out. I enjoyed a relaxing two days lounging on the deck hanging out with Tessa. We wish we could have stayed another day but it was back to work again. Here are a few pictures from our visit.
Before dinner last night Liam took a break from building to have a little swing!

Here is that sweet Sookie. She is getting so big! Unfortunately she isn't the cuddly kitten we babysat a month or so back. She doesn't much like to be loved on.

Here is an attempt at me trying to take a self portrait of Katherine and I. Oops! I think the lense may have been zoomed a bit too much!

The girls played a little badminton. Doesn't she look pro?

And Lilly with her favourite girl Katherine. She sure loves her Auntie!

Uncle Nick braving it with Tessa. She was so funny -- not wanting to carry her around or stand up with her.

Daddy taking a coffee break from work for a picture with his sweet girl.

Auntie Katherine with Tessa Doo. Tessa is not crying... I think she is starting to get use to her Auntie finally!

All in all a fairly great few days. The girls were extremely tired Sunday night as Abigail refused to sleep the way there so they had an early night and missed out on making smoores by a fire (next time). The way home was a little entense too with everyone completely worn out from our visit. I think the whole way home someone was always crying. They kept waking each other up. Fun fun! Thankfully the trip to Ottawa is about 2 and a half hours shorter than when we visited them in Keswick! Hope everyone had a fun long weekend! I had three girls sleep in for me this morning! I on the other hand, was up at 6:30 because Declan arrives at 7am! Happy Tuesday everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment