Remember, we were in Walmart. I see screaming and crying children all of time who do not get what they want. Remember as an outsider to mind your own business please and let the parents deal with the situation. Thank you very much {smile}.
Here you can find updates on our life and the everyday experiences we share with one another. Family IS everything!
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
The Very Brave (scratch that) Clueless Cashier
At Walmart the other night with all three girls, Abigail decided she would have a little tantrum in line. She was crying for a treat. I said to her over and over in my calm, collected mother voice "Abigail, if you are a good girl, you can have a treat when we get home. But Abigail, little girls who cry do not get treats." Clearly she was very tired but trust me even if she hadn't been Abigail is known for throwing fits while we are out. She like to through them even until we get to the car so that every person passing either rolls their eyes in disgust or smiles with sympathy. I prefer the later and always smile at passing patrons regardless of their reaction and completely ignoring my child. Anyhow, so here we are in the line up (Liam extremely embarrassed as usual) I glance at the cashier and smile saying "It is funny, because she has never got a treat for that kind of behaviour yet, but she insists on trying!" The cashier (younger than me and clearly no children) says "Well, sometimes it works." My response "Not with us as parents" {smile}. Then, she proceeds to start speaking to Abigail. I swear it was if she was trying to get the whole stores attention because anyone in our line and the two next to us all got quiet to listen to her speak. " Do, you really need a treat? Do you really need a treat?" She asked my crying child as she suddenly hid behind her Dad. I watched in awe wondering what on earth she could say next and then it came. " I don't think you need a treat and it doesn't look like you are being a very good girl, are you? And little girls who are bad do not get treats!" Stunned I stared at her and she said "Well, I guess that worked." since all was quiet. What she didn't realize was that everyone stood in amazement as this cashier spoke to a customers daughter that way and all was quiet. I ignored the behavior as I did my child's and we left the store stunned. Once we reached the van I asked Liam if he thought she noticed how everyone around us stood quiet and in shock from her behaviour, but he doubted she did. That brave (scratch that), clueless cashier may have not thought about what she was saying and clearly we doubt she will ever realize how unacceptable her behavior was.
Remember, we were in Walmart. I see screaming and crying children all of time who do not get what they want. Remember as an outsider to mind your own business please and let the parents deal with the situation. Thank you very much {smile}.
Remember, we were in Walmart. I see screaming and crying children all of time who do not get what they want. Remember as an outsider to mind your own business please and let the parents deal with the situation. Thank you very much {smile}.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I liked the other comment better Candice LOL You deleted it too late it already went to my e-mail LOL
LOL! I wasn't sure if it would read right. When I wrote silly wench with the comma I thought maybe you might think I was talking about you and not her LOL! So I thought I should re-word it so there was no mistaking. I'm an over thinker, I know.
Post a Comment