Friday, September 24, 2010

The Post Where I Ramble Almost Uncontrolably... About Nothing

Well, firstly my camera card is missing! So be warned there are no pictures to follow in this very boring post where I ramble, with full intentions of adding some interesting {or not} photos to go along with my point form rambling post. Phew!

1. Considering I already said firstly can one come next or should it be two? Hmm

2. We are all still very sick around here and we would not have made it this far without the source of many drugs {children's and adult's} to help us get through this painful time. Also a whole lot of infant saline drops, because a baby that cannot sleep for lack of breathing causes one sick Momma not to sleep and one sick Momma lacking sleep leads to... well you get the picture.

3. We are REALLY hoping to be feeling better for this weekend {which starts tomorrow} because yesterday was officially the first day of Autumn and that is way exciting in my books being Autumn is my FAVOURITE season and we have grand plans of apple picking and pumpkin patches and wagon rides and corn mazes and all those fun things fall! We even purchased {for something different} A Caramel Apple Kit which includes: Everything you need to create 8 caramel apples {except the apples} which we will need to pick or buy. Again, you get the picture except you don't because I don't have my camera card to actually take a picture and post it to the blog for you to see. The box is very enticing and it screamed at us from the self in Costco "Pick me!" and then to go pick some apples because the kits says it includes "everything" but doesn't actually state anywhere that you need your own apples. I haven't opened the box yet but I am pretty certain there are no apples in there. It is just a guess though.

4. Our kitty, our baby boy {since there are no other baby boys in our house} was missing for six plus days. It was hard to keep track of the days exactly but it was pushing a week. I know it. Anyways he was missing. I thought he was a goner but the cat came back he just couldn't stay away. Give me a meow say meow! He actually showed up after many worried nights by me and that horrible thunder storm we had where I prayed he had shelter or that he was in some one's house safe and dry. We are so very glad to have him home and he decided to show up the night we posted posters all over the neighbourhood telling everyone he was missing. Since he has been home he has eaten about four full dishes of cat food and barely stepped foot outdoors. It is quite evident to me that he was clearly lost all that time and that he is now terrified to venture back out there in chance he may lose us again. So sad, but in the mean time his not going outdoors has caused him to poop twice in my home, which is saddening to me since he never EVER uses a litter box and strictly goes outdoors to do his business. One time he pooped in the rough in in the floor of the basement for the non-existent bathroom. I do give him credit for that since it is full of rocks {like a litter box} and it was sort of the bathroom. He is so clever. Poor baby boy couldn't find the litter box since he has never used it here since we moved. The other time he pooped... well I will keep that one a secret. I don't wanna get him in trouble. But do know and I cleaned it up and oh you poor baby boy we love you so! I have in the mean time placed his litter box over the poop hole in hopes he won't be pooping in it again any time soon! Or ever!

5. Abigail said just about the cutest thing the other day while looking out the front window. "Mommy, Mommy look! The tree, it's dancin'!"

6. I really hope my camera card shows up as quickly as it disappeared, because I think this rambling post could be a bit much and I am much better with pictures than I am with words {clearly}. Sorry for that. I will keep looking for it. Now, if only it would have stayed put when I placed it on the island in my kitchen and not got up and walked away on me. At least all pictures and videos have been uploaded to my computer so far, but what ever are you going to do without seeing a picture of all the drugs we have been taking and a picture of a caramel apple decorating kit? Breathe. It will be alright. I can feel it!

7. The big girls had enough energy to clean their room this morning on their own, without prompting and the floor looks amazingly clean. It does only take a few seconds though before you realize they had enough energy to pick up everything off the floor and pile it neatly on the bottom bunk which is going to make it impossible for Abigail to sleep there tonight. I am only sharing in hopes it might get me the energy to jump on in and help them to really clean their room. Which I really do not see happening any time soon. She may just have to sleep on the floor tonight!

8. Tessa has this obsession lately with dolls. She needs to have a baby or ten with her 24/7 and we do not seem to be lacking in the baby department in this house real or pretend so she is golden. I have been having to fight her on the way out the door everyday so that she just takes ONE baby out with us and not all twenty. I am also shocked in the morning when I go in to find her in her crib. I am worried she may get lost under them all and not find her way free. It is kind of frightening to me and hopefully just a stage. This is coming from the child who could have nothing in her bed before except one blanket!

9. Speaking of Tessa she also has another strange habit. She throws all of her food on the floor and what doesn't make the floor she smears all through her hair. It is lovely and making for much fun at bath time for a little girl who hates to have her hair washed!

10. I am almost done. Hope all of you have been avoiding the rotten virus that has taken a hold of our household and are able to avoid the wonderful drugs I have been taking which cause me to ramble on about nothing, thinking you might actually sit and read this whole post. Stay well everyone! Stay well!

11. Just think of all the exciting photos you missed because of my missing carmera card. You're over it? I'm so glad!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just telling my friend Sarah that I spend like $39 a week for a new camera card. My computer will only hold like 10 pictures a week. I am not even kidding. So I can't bear to erase anything. These are all our memories : ( so I buy new camera cards. This could be why I am always so broke! : )

On another note Natalie, will you pray for this girl that came on our photo walk? Her name is Kristen Dunne and her little girl Molly is in the hospital in SERIOUS condition: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/mollydunne

That is the caring bridge site. I can't stop crying : (

stacey said...

I am the queen of random posts and I just loved reading yours!