Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Little Girl I Know


The little girl I know, excitedly woke me up this morning all dressed for school and told me I needed to get out of bed and get her breakfast!

The little girl I know had her shoes and sweater on before I even said it`s time to get ready to go!

The little girl I know skipped all the way to school so care free with no cares in the world except the little craters in the road she needed to hop over.

The little girl I know confidently ran across the school yard.

Then, this little girl turned back looking for comfort. This little girl who I don`t know, but seeing it broke my heart. She wanted her Momma. She wanted that familiar friend from her first day of school that she played with.

When I told her if she forgot some kids names to ask them again she said ``I want Hannah. I only wanna play with Hannah.`` and clung to my side. I kissed her assuring her she would have an awesome day and meet all kinds of friends and to go and have fun. She still clung, she clung until after the bell rang and I walked her over to her class line and the teacher came. I kissed that little girl again and gave her a big hug. Told her with a huge smile on my face ``It`s going to be a great day!`` While inside my heart was aching for her.

I hate that this experience is a hard one for her. Change is hard for everyone, I know. I also know the little girl I know so very well is just hiding behind this insecure beginning and she will shine again before I know it. Problem is I have to wait for her... and I want that little girl I know right now! So does she... I know it!

Baby girl, you are strong and confident and I know day two will be even better than day one which you LOVED. You just need to get there. And you are there now while I wait here at home anxiously awaiting day end so I can walk to pick you up with your THREE little sisters and see that beautiful smile on your face which was only just hiding this morning! I Love you Lilly!

Momma

LOL Thanks Candice for noticing that! Ha! Only three little sisters not four!! No more kids for us! Correction made!

1 comment:

Taylor said...

I hope she has a great day. I'm sure she will have some new friends by days end.

4 little sisters? Something you need to tell us? LOL!!