Monday, September 6, 2010

Labour Day Weekend

Although Labour Day weekend is not technically the last weekend of summer it always really feels that way. Kids are always back to school after Labour Day and September screams fall to me! And I can tell you, nothing really excites me more than leaves changing color and pumpkin patches, or pumpkin spice candles and pumpkin spice lattes! Fall decor and fall mums and everything fall excites me!

We did indeed make the most of our Labour Day weekend with visits from in-laws, Auntie and Uncle and Gramma and Grampa and Nanny and Poppa to the littles. Lilly idolizes her Auntie and can not keep away from her for a minute when she is around. I love watching her so happily following K around! Our VERY busy weekend also included us heading out to Charleston Lake for a wonderful dinner with Liam's Aunt and Uncle and then today (Monday) ended our weekend with each other and a road trip to our favourite country store to take in the beautiful Harvest decor and smell those fall candles. Okay you totally got me! I am a sucker for yummy candles and I cannot leave Belleville without one!

Hope everyone else had a wonderful long weekend! Lilly gets to head back to her new school tomorrow with Mom for an Open house where she will meet some of her classmates and see where everything is in her classroom. She is SO very excited and I know she will LOVE being a "Senior" since it is all she has talked about for about a week now! We met her teacher last week and Mrs. Q couldn't be more perfect! Lilly got some one on one time with her and I am so thrilled she got that chance before school starts. Her first full day will be Thursday!

Here comes Fall! Bring it on -- I am SO VERY ready!

2 comments:

Tutus N' Trucks said...

September screams FALL for me too! Glad Im not the only one! I even took out my fall decor. And that corn looks amazing!!!

We have a corn feed in my town (weird I know) every september and I absoutely cant wait! Your corn pictures got me excited for the corn feed! hehe

Brooke said...

I'm so ready for fall too - it's my favorite season! And love that big collage of pictures - what fun memories :0