Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Nella's Battle Wound and One Peeved Momma!

Lets start by saying I must be completely crazy thinking we could have a successful doctors visit with me toting around four children by myself all under the age of six! It all started out okay. Nella content in her car seat and Tessa staying close if not in my lap while I read to her. Then a half hour or so passes, Nella needs feeding and Tessa is starting to feel comfortable in her surroundings and thinks she would like to explore a little more, maybe take her shoes off, climb on some stools, check out some people in their rooms and get lots of "Ohhhhh she is so cute!" comments from everyone in the waiting room! After waiting what seemed like forever and me trying not to have to punish my children in front of all these smiling strangers, we are finally taken to our room where our wonderful Nurse shakes her head at me and says "Natalie, I don't know how you do it!" Nella gets all checked out and she is a whopper at 17 lbs 10 oz and 26 inches long! 90% in her weight and 75% in her length. Well out she goes saying she will be back after our Doc comes in to check her out!

So, she is perfect yet again! Just what I love to hear! No worries about Nella from her perspective so lets get those nurses in to give her her needles! When they are so little they always have two nurses in at once administering the needles so there is less pain for the child getting both at the same time instead of one right after the other. Well our wonderful Nurse comes in with another Nurse I have not seen before and they give Nella her needles. Immediately Nella starts screaming and throwing her legs as a reaction to the pain. If I hadn't had her held tightly she would have been throwing her arms too. Well the "new" Nurse pulls the needle out of Nella's leg without hanging on to her and scrapes my poor baby, blood everywhere! She then tells me perhaps I should give her Tylenol when we get home because the needle scraped her while it was coming out because she kicked her leg! Not so brilliant is my thought since any child receiving a needle is likely going to throw their arms and legs as reaction and PERHAPS she should hold the leg of the child she is sticking a needle into! One peeved and venting Momma here! I do KNOW it was an accident but I am finding it hard not to bring myself to tears that someone hurt my little baby! My little baby who is still bleeding hours later and is now sporting one of our very own Winnie the Pooh bandages because the one from the office was drenched in blood!

And this eventful Doctor's visit could not pass by without photographic evidence including that battle wound and a little photoshopping to make me feel better.

*Sorry for bashing said Nurse above, but I really needed to get this off of my chest! Thanks.*








1 comment:

Taylor said...

Glad your weekend was great. Bring on the Fall!

I wouldn't apologize for bashing the nurse! She was lucky it was your baby and not mine, that's for sure LOL!! Poor Nella, hope it heals quickly.