Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Baby Belly -- Lazy Sunday Mornings

Lately on weekend days Liam and I lounge in bed and the big girls slowly make their way down stairs and either join us in bed or head to the living room for some quiet time. I think we both feel like the weekend is ours because Liam works all week long and I am home most of the week with the girls or working. Either way we like to lay lazy in bed for a good half hour or so until Tessa wakes up. It is our thing.

This Sunday morning before we got up and headed to Ottawa for a visit with J.R., Liam lied his hand on my tummy and the baby was kicking and rolling and dancing all around. In all of my pregnancies I can say this is probably the most time he has actually felt any of the girls move inside of me. He never has enough patience to sit and wait to feel for movement. I think he was truly enjoying the moment and so was I. Lilly has been a little obsessed with Momma's baby belly this pregnancy too, so we called her and Abigail in to feel the action and we all lied quietly while Liam, Lilly and Abigail felt the baby kicking and moving inside of me. It was truly a magical moment I do not want to forget!

Pretty soon we will be able to hold this beautiful baby in our arms and kiss her all over! I can hardly wait! It will be interesting to see Tessa's reaction when baby gets here because she of course is far to little to know and understand that Mommy has a baby in her tummy. This baby is just gonna show up in our lives one day and take away much of Momma's attention that she is use to having. Should be interesting... hope the transition is a smooth one!

4 comments:

Taylor said...

It's great that they can all share in the fun.

April Corbeil said...

aww that's such a great moment!!

Unknown said...

I loved feeling Jayci move - I missed it a little when she was born haha :-)

Indica Photography said...

HEy girlie! Can you send me pics to my email of the cupboards and I will see what I can come up with !
Julia@indicaphotography.com