Tuesday, August 19, 2008

No more Sousie




Lilly had a sucky and Abby had a sousie... well until last night at least. Abigail has been playing a game with Mommy and Daddy lately. When we are in the car she will through her soother far enough away from her that Mommy and Daddy cannot reach it and then cry bloody murder until we get it for her... usually by stopping the car. I talk to our family doctor about it yesterday and she said Abigail is using it as a manuver to have control over Mommy and Daddy. Dr. Clarke said to get rid of it. So, last night sousie was broken. Somehow the nipple just disappeared?? Abigail was able to understand that sousie was broken and that she could no longer use it. She wasn't exactly happy about it but she delt. I had to go in and calm her down a bit after a few min trying to sleep with out it but she ended up settling after about 20 min or so. Abigail slept through the night and even had a nap today with no trouble. When I put her to bed tonight she only took 12 mins to settle. I know she will be just fine without her sousie... I am glad to see it go but part of me feels pretty badly for taking away from her. It is funny how a soother is something that parents force on their babies and then when they are a little bigger we force them to get rid of it. Lilly was able to throw her sucky in the garbage all by herself and understood that she was the one who got rid of it. Next baby I am sure will also have a soother and I am making a promise to myself that I will get rid of it well before she is able to get totally attached to it and before she can put it in all by herself!

No comments: