Monday, August 18, 2008

Bergeron's Exotic Animal Sanctuary

Loving the ferry ride
Look how cute the donkey is.... I love him!
A duck and her ducklings care free and very unconcerned about everyone walking around them.
Cock-a-doodle-doo!
One of the baboons
Dinner time! Yummy beef heart!
The linx
One of the beautiful Siberian tigers
Baby Billy
The goats
quack quack
This hen had about 9 roosters all around her. We never saw any fights between them either. It was totally weird!
Mother Goose... isn't she cute?

Liam and I took the girls on a trip to Picton yesterday. We drove on the ferry over(Lilly loved this)! We visited Bergeron's Exotic Animal Sanctuary where they had many animals including Lions, tigers, a jaguar, baboons, donkeys, cyotees, a wolf, a linx, billy goats, turkey, ducks and roosters. At 2pm we got to see the Mountian Lion's being fed. It was a wild show I tell ya! They get VERY agressive for their food. They were eating huge beef hearts for lunch and we watched in awe! The girls didn't seem disturbed or bothered by this at all. I think they loved all the ducks and roosters running around loose the best. My favourite part was the donkeys! They were SO cute. I really need a farm so that I can have one of my own! It was a great place to go and the animals were very easy to see unlike the Toronto Zoo. It was uncrowded and quite shadded everywhere too making for a great visit! We will go back again for sure!
After the sanctuary we did a little shopping in down town Picton. Liam and I found some cute little country shops (our new addiction) and checked them out. Then we stopped at Lake onthe Mountian. Liam had never been before so I thought it was a must see for him. He was quite amazed and glad we made the stop. Hope you enjoy the pictures from our day trip. Next post will be my fall mums!

No comments: