
This is pretty much what the table looked like that Abigail had to lie on. Instead of the x-ray camera being on the side of the table it was actually susspended from the ceiling above her and much bigger!
Abigail went for her upper GI appointement this afternoon. She had to fast for three hours which ended up being about four hours by the time they finally got to us. She was starved... which was good for them I guess since she had to drink some sticky liquid for them. They flavoured it with chocolate and sugar and she seemed to like it. She was doing very well alone in the x-ray room with the Dr. and Tech until they had to move her around and the x-ray machine around. She got pretty upset and they couldn't control her crying. They had to take a little break for some Mommy comfort which seemed to work until it was time to start again and Mommy had to leave. I think if I had not been pregnant and was able to be right beside her she would have copped better. I was able to watch the image on the computer behind protective glass. It was neat to see the liquid going through her insides. All is over with now tho and I think they were able to get what they needed from her. Fingers crossed! I must say I was glad to hear them say "all done". Lilly and I were starved too since we hadn't eaten either. It would have been torture to Abigail for us to have eaten in front of her! Next step is to call The ped. Dr. again and set up a follow up for the results of her sweat test and upper GI. Updates soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment