Thursday, October 14, 2010

Who's in a Blog Rut?

I often find myself lately starting to prepare a post and then quickly hitting save and returning to something else never to actually hit the post button. It is not a surprise to anyone I am sure, that being home with four kids almost every day makes for a busy day. And sometimes, I don't even think adult.

I have a mumble of thoughts in my head pertaining to feeding, changing, bathing, cooking, cleaning and dog poop picking up'ing' daily. It is life, our life.

Blogging sometimes falls behind that dusty cabinet, but I try and pick back up so that there is a record for my kiddos. I want them to know I love them and that we are keeping active with them. Doing fun things with them but, that sometimes Mommy struggles with this thing called life. Sometimes I clean too much or too little. Sometimes I am mean and yell and say "pick up your mess!" too often instead of saying lets make one! Sometimes I am doing laundry and making you play quietly so I can have some quiet time myself instead of saying run around the house screaming and yelling because that is what is fun! Maybe we need to sing and dance a little more and forget about the laundry, but then I think school teachers might start noticing if I start sending Lilly to school in dirty clothes. Sometimes it is hard to find that balance. Some times it is hard to find the right words to blog. But, then I remember it really isn't about finding the right words. It really isn't about anyone else out there who is following. It is about my kids, my beautiful kids and my imperfections as a Momma, as a blogger don't matter. It is the moments we share that I capture and journal here for my kids that matters. And if only they get something from this thing I call a blog rut, well then I guess it's point is successful.







1 comment:

Taylor said...

LOL!! Almost exactly my same thoughts with my most recent post except with waaay more words! All I managed to get out was "Just a Post" and "Happy Thursday". I still feel guilty for not starting Mason a blog of his own but if I did that I may never get anything done.