I don't remember having so much fun ever carving pumpkins as we did tonight! Everyone was really into it -- especially Tessa! She was hilarious pulling out all the pumpkin guts and then putting them back into her pumpkin. It was a total hoot watching her. And Lilly designed her own pumpkin this year (I carved it for her of course), but it was so neat to have her actually draw her own face this time to be cut out. I am VERY proud of her. Abby had a hoot too and so you know she had some help with her face, but she is getting awesome at drawing people now and she drew a mean Porter family portrait the other night that I will share with you all really soon!
Nella watched and was quite content. Poor Tessa was SO excited to get her picture taken with her pumpkin and then Lilly closed the door on her fingers. She would not calm down for the picture and it was far to close to her bed time to postpone it. Maybe we will try a retake tomorrow :)
Best of all though was the pumpkin seed treat we all shared afterwards. I pan fried them this time instead of baking them and they turned out really nice. Pan fried sounds oily and gross but in fact I barely used any oil at all and they were completely dry once done. They were
delish! I am thankful there were left overs, but I am
certain they will all be gone by tomorrow!
A post is scheduled for tomorrow for you to guess at Lilly's costume. Did I tell you the costumes are all
homemade this year? Stay
tuned to see how we got creative! The girls are excited about it too and that makes me smile!
Hope everyone has a very safe and Happy Halloween! More pictures soon. I promise!


1 comment:
Cute pumpkins! Everyone did a great job. Poor Tessa.
Post a Comment