Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A Post for my Not so Baby Anymore Baby

Okay, okay! She is still a baby! And, lets face it, she will be my baby forever! All my girls are my babies. But, come on! She is growing WAY too fast. And today, today is her six month birthday! Today she is half a year old and that makes me cry. Happy tears and sad ones, because as much as I fight it, my babies, they keep growing up!






Nella,
at six months you can jump like no ones business! You LOVE your jumparoo and cry the second I place you in the exersaucer. You are getting much better at being on the floor alone {it is still not a common event - but I am working more on that for you. If you big sister didn't attack you it would help a little} and as soon as I set you down on your back you roll immediately from your back to tummy. At first you would cry when you got there because you couldn't get back to your back. You still have not mastered rolling that way yet, but you are content on your tummy now so this is good.
You rarely cry. When you do cry, you are tired. When you cry, I take you to your bed and lay you in your crib and you fall fast asleep within minutes. If you are tired and we don't have your crib I try and snuggle you, but you protest. I have been successful all of three times maybe, getting you to sleep in my arms as of lately. Mommy is very thankful for your crib, but I miss our snuggles a lot!
Your sisters love you and dote on you constantly and you eat it all up! You smile and coo and giggle at them. You know how much they love you and I know by how you smile the second any of them come near, that you are so in love with them too. You smile for EVERYONE! Anyone who will look at you and grin, you give it right back and I LOVE that about you! I hope it is a trait you keep with you forever. You have the ability to make anyone smile Nella and that is HUGE!
You can sit unassisted but still have not quite figured out that if someone walks by and you look or move your body that you are going to topple over. We have to work on this too but with you rarely on the floor this is difficult.
You started rice cereal last week and you like it, but with this cold seeming to come back again you haven't totally been into it so I stopped for the last two days. When your cough stops I will try it again for you.
You constantly have your hands in your mouth and when you don't your tongue is always sticking out. This makes everyone giggle and comment about it. When you were born you came out sticking your tongue out and it is a habit that you have not broken. But Nella, it is okay... right now it is still so cute and it doesn't matter! If perhaps you still have this habit when you are two, it may not be as cute.
You are growing like a weed and continue to be a beautiful and happy baby! We LOVE you Nella, so much and cannot imagine our world without you it. I wish you could stay my baby forever. Well, in my heart you always will be my baby girl.
XOXO
Love Mommy

2 comments:

Catherine Anne said...

They do grow so fast! This is the cutest post!

stacey said...

Oh my. She is darling! Enjoy this time!