
So we had our little cupcake (who I didn't get the greatest pictures of -- her costume kinda rode up on her. Had she stood it would have been much cuter), Our 'devil'ed egg, Our bucket of popcorn and Our scuba diver! They were all adorable and all so content to have their homemade costumes on, and that made Mommy so very proud. I think we may need to get creative like this every year! It was SO much fun!!
We started out our night by visiting Great Gramma's building. All the residents gather in their apartment building lobby with tables of candy and the kiddies come in to see them. Since Gram has lived there it has sort have been tradition and even though Gram decided to come and spend the rest of her Halloween night with us, we still had to show up so she could show off her great grand babies!
After that, we headed for home where the kids got bundled up and went door to door. Tessa only hit up three houses, because it was much too cold outside for her, but Daddy took the big girls down the road a bit. They didn't go too far either before heading home. But, they are at the age it doesn't much matter, because the amount of candy they brought home will take weeks to consume anyways (after only a few houses)!
So the most fun of the evening for them would have to be handing out the candy to the kids who came after they were home. They LOVED doing that! I did learn my lesson though and I will not be quite so generous with the treats next year, because I sure ran out of candy early and had to venture outside to blow out the candle lit pumpkins and turn the lights out around 8pm. We still got a couple kids ringing the doorbell (obviously they don't know the no lights, no candy rule)! I just kindly told them we were out of candy and that that was why the lights were out. The sighed and turned away sadly.
My girls were far from sad though, and Tessa we realized is the most candy crazed child I know. I had to move the candy yesterday because she kept moving a chair to the island in the kitchen and would climb up and grab something every 5 minutes! Honestly, I will not be sad when the candy is gone from the house. It is kinda making Mommy crazed too. Luckily I already ate all of the peanut butter cups (there are none left) because clearly those are my biggest weakness! The rest of the candy is easier to avoid!
3 comments:
Glad they had a great night! You must had a lot of kids. We had 2 boxes left over LOL.
What adorable costumes!!!
So, my mom (mrs. "if it's not moving decorate it") called about a month before halloween and told me about all these great little costumes that "I" could do, sent me a link and so on and so forth. I sent my mom your post link so she could see that there are some moms out there that have it more together than I do. I love the cupcake,and the popcorn and the scuba and the deviled egg....I think I may just borrow your ideas for next year. Right now I am into my advent calendar. If you interested check out my blog.
I followed a link to your site, from my friend sarah, at the animatorswife blog.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Ginger
Post a Comment