Every week Allie from Monkeys on the Bed does a Thankful Thursday post and she is always asking what everyone else is thankful for. I am thinking I might join into the fun Allie and start posting thankful posts late like you usually do {Sorry, couldn't resist. You did good this week! You did good :)}
So here is my thankful post for this week {lacking any form of pictures since we have not taken any since we saw our elk friend the other evening}.
1. I am thankful for resilient children -- we have all {minus Abigail} been fighting this rotten cold {again} for days. The kiddos are so resilient and seem to be bouncing right back to their normal selves. I am can assure you by Monday Lilly is going to be itching to go bock to school after a whole week off!
2. I am thankful for Canadian Health Care. And being able to call my doctor first thing in the morning almost knowing that if my kiddos are sick that I can take them right in with me for my appointment and they will be seen and taken care of for FREE! So thankful for that!
3. The Tamiflu medicine {also free} that the doctor prescribed for all my kids {as precaution} after only seeing one and thinking she just might have the flu with all the fever and coughing.
4. My new Ventolin inhaler which has done wonders in only one whole day of use on this nasty cough and shortness of breath I have been having. BTW the inhaler was not free :)
5. My wonderful Gramma {who just turned 86 on the 4th -- Happy Birthday Gram) for being there for us though all the traveling to the doctors offices and pharmacies yesterday. Couldn't have done it without you! She is always putting things on hold that are important to her to help us when we need her. I hope I am able to do just that for my Grand kids some day.
6. Knowing that my Mother is still on the mend after discovering her flu is now pneumonia and is now on prescription for that . She is healing {just slowly}. Keep praying please for her recovery. She has been off work now over 2 full weeks!
I think that is enough for this week. You can tell by now where we have been and so the lack of blogging and photos. Hopefully by the weekend we will all be back to our old selves and taking pictures again {if the weather cooperates}!
So, what are you thankful for this week?
2 comments:
So glad everyone is getting better. I hope your Mom is better soon too. I missed this post last night, went to bed real early... stupid heartbeat is acting up.
You should have saved this for I Heart Faces. I think I might skip it this week though.
YAY for Thankful Thursday Fridays! Loved it and am so happy to read about it!
Post a Comment