Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Abby's Doctors Appointment


Abigail went to see the ears, nose and throat Doctor this morning. He decided along with Mommy and Daddy that Abigail should get tubes put in her ears. They with make a small incission in each of Abigail's ears and insert tubes into them. The tubes will allow for any fluid to exit her ear and stop any pressure and pain from building up - hopefully making her a much happier little girl. The tubes will fall out on their own after surgery 6 months to a year later. We are all hoping this is something she will grow out of before she starts school at least! She was so great at her appontment. Abigail is a very patient little girl when it comes to doctors checking her out. She also holds very still on her own and cooperates with whatever the doctors ask of her. They will contact me by telephone and let me know when she will be set up for surgery. The sooner the better I think as she has fluid in her ears at present.


Previously (Friday morning) she had her sweat test done which we will later get the results of. She had to be hooked up to this machine which stimulated her sweat glands and then they attached a sweat collector and kept it on her arm for half an hour. After they were done the sweat test they took Abby's blood. My little girl was such a big girl and she didn't even cry at all. The nurses were asking me ahead of time if I wanted them to numb her arm and I told them no. I knew she would be brave!


Only one more test to go... the upper GI which I am waiting for an appontment for still. I am so looking forward to all these appointments ending and for my little girl to be happy and healthy!

No comments: